London SE1 community website

New look

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 Next
Current: 2 of 3
Tuesday 10 October 2006 2.47pm
i'm using Microsoft IE, and the headings which used to be in purple across the page, are now a vertical line, down the page, i have to scroll down about two pages before i see anything usefull, on every page. it happens on my laptop at home too.

i'll send you an email with screen dumps.
Tuesday 10 October 2006 2.52pm
Do you know what version of IE you are using, as that is likely to be the key determining factor?

It seems to be OK in IE 6 on the two PCs I've checked it on.

It's a long shot given that you have obviously looked at many pages, but if you press the refresh button a few times it will force the browser to fetch the latest version of the style sheet which may just sort it out.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Tuesday 10 October 2006 8.26pm
May I make a teeny weeny suggestion? Can the background of the arrows also be burgundy in stead of black so it looks nicer? Or am I the only one that sees a black background?
Tuesday 10 October 2006 8.37pm
Yes, I agree. I was already planning to make that change.

The current arrows came with the package that I modified to create the menu.

Wednesday 11 October 2006 11.36am
Nice!
Wednesday 11 October 2006 5.03pm
James, most of the pages are now ok, but after i've posted a message, the 'thanks for posting' page is still off.

probably other pages that i don't go to as well.

i tried the source script thing you sent, but that hasn't seemed to work. Whatever you did to the front page worked fine, but looks like you'll have to do the same to all the other pages... sorry.

Thanks again though for a great site!
Tuesday 31 October 2006 10.45am
James, still getting the same problem as previously on the pages for reviews of pubs/bars/restraunts. (elongated verticle menus)

also where is 'The Weatherspoons' pub at E&C

i'm fairly sure it's not just called 'weatherspoons' anymore, and i can't find it on the pub list, under E&C or Newington Causeway (which Nando's is on)

Ta.
Tuesday 31 October 2006 10.49am
There's not much I can do about the menus issue (well, I can change the name of the CSS file again, but strictly speaking I shouldn't need to). It seems to be a cache problem at your end, especially as no-one else has reported the same problem.

The pub you're thinking of is the Rockingham Arms
http://www.london-se1.co.uk/restaurants/info/40/the-rockingham-arms

It is on the Newington Causeway page.

Tuesday 31 October 2006 11.03am
i clicked 'refresh' and all the pages that used to be wrong are ok now - wonder why it didn't do that last time...

anyway, yes it's The Rockingham Arms - for some reason i saw the name and thought it was further up near Borough High St. silly me.
Anonymous User
Monday 6 November 2006 9.27am
James,

Have the little drop down menus gone for good from the top of the page?

Just wondered, I'd got used to using them quite quickly and liked how I could move around the site with them.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 Next
Current: 2 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions