London SE1 community website

SE1 Book Club 2009

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ...LastNext
Current: 4 of 36
Friday 16 January 2009 8.46am
There seems to be plenty of copies of Double Bind available on Amazon - used & new. I haven't had a chance to go to any bookshops yet & see what's there.
Jac
Friday 16 January 2009 9.32am
i am happy with double bind too.
Friday 16 January 2009 9.42am
There seems quite a consnsus so far so let's go for Double Bind for March.
Saturday 17 January 2009 12.47pm
By the way Sea of Poppies is real rubbish. Double Bind it is, and has anyone read the Booker Prize winner The White Tiger? I think it's TERRIFIC, much recommended.
Monday 19 January 2009 2.50pm
Not that I am a member! but I am being quite impressed by Jean Athill's Somewhere Towards the End, about old age. Sounds deeply boring, but isn't.

http://barcelonavisit.com
Holiday flat in Barcelona
Tuesday 20 January 2009 12.16pm
We talked about Somewhere towards the End at lunch club on Friday and it sounds really good.
Tuesday 20 January 2009 2.43pm
Not that I'm a member either, but there are some fantastic books fairly new out in paperback at the moment.

The new Hari Kunzru (my revolutions), the new Hanif Kureishi (something to tell you), and the new Tobias Hill (the hidden) are all excellent, imho.

...if you press it, they will come.
Sunday 25 January 2009 6.49pm
have a spare copy of double bind - first come first serve. Will bring it to dinner club tomorrow if anyone wants it or pm me.
Monday 26 January 2009 9.15am
Me please!
Monday 26 January 2009 6.27pm
i've read my copies of both Mary Reilly (Feb book club) and The Double Bind (march) if anyone wants to borrow either. first come first served...
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ...LastNext
Current: 4 of 36

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions