London SE1 community website

SE1 Book Club 2009

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ...LastNext
Current: 5 of 36
Tuesday 27 January 2009 12.19am
Can I borrow Double Bind, please? See you at next book club, which I assume is next Wed 4 Feb.
Tuesday 27 January 2009 4.08pm
yep, no problem. i'll drop it round
Sunday 1 February 2009 7.57am
Where are we meeting on Wednesday?
Jac
Sunday 1 February 2009 10.07pm
Usual place usual time I guess. (Britannia 7.30pm) It my turn to short list the books i believe and so far i have got it down to a short list of 5! However has anyone read Mary Reilly yet? I haven't and most people i have spoken to haven't. i guess it's been a short month as we met of the 2nd week of jan. If preferred we could have a catch up month instead of choosing a new book this month. Just a suggestion what does everyone else think. We can still meet wed anyway and I could have longer to decide which 3 books to nominate.
Monday 2 February 2009 9.01am
I'm in the middle of it, but I don't mind having it be next month's too.
Monday 2 February 2009 10.48am
I do not mind either, I am still reading Mary Reilly, I am determined to finish off last month's book too, I must make a visit to Southwark Cathedral to see Shakespeare's brother's and John Fletcher's memorials. Can any one tell me where they are?
Monday 2 February 2009 10.55am
I've nearly finished Mary Reilly and quite enjoying it. I'm not too bothered what we do on Wednesday. I am quite happy to leave discussing the book for a month or combining it with the next book or whatever else other people want to do.
Monday 2 February 2009 11.03am
nomad, according to the Southwark Cathedral website, the location of the grave of Shakespeare's brother is unknown; however, there is an inscribed stone in the Choir honoring him. Fletcher also seems to have a plaque or floor stone somewhere. In my experience there are always several helpful people in the cathedral who are happy to answer questions, so if you just drop in I'm sure you'll be able to find them.
Monday 2 February 2009 1.43pm
I seem to be up to date with the books so far, I've read Mary Reilly, have started Double Bind, and currently reading Two Caravans.
Jac
Monday 2 February 2009 1.48pm
JonR wrote:
I seem to be up to date with the books so far, I've read Mary Reilly, have started Double Bind, and currently reading Two Caravans.

Show off
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ...LastNext
Current: 5 of 36

To post a message, please log in or register..
February at a glance
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions