London SE1 community website

SE1 Book Club 2009

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ...LastNext
Current: 6 of 36
Monday 2 February 2009 2.47pm
Some of us have lives, you know.
Monday 2 February 2009 10.55pm
If anyone has finished/has a spare copy of Double Bind then I'd like to borrow it please.
Look forward to seeing you on Weds. (May have to strap some tennis rackets to my feet to get there though if this lot ices up!)
Tuesday 3 February 2009 11.23am
Laphroaig, Many thanks for the information, I will have to pay a visit soon, Southwark Cathedral is such a peaceful place with so much history attached to it.(I love the Shop and Cafe too.)
Tuesday 3 February 2009 7.45pm
Hi there, I am new to the area and would love to join. Do I just drop by the Brittania tomorrow and ask for your group? Cath
Tuesday 3 February 2009 10.26pm
hi Cath, you are welcome to come along tomorrow. We usually let the bar staff know so ask them if you are not sure.
Wednesday 4 February 2009 10.17am
Have a great evening, unfortunately I can not make it tonight.
Wednesday 4 February 2009 12.18pm
Two Caravans is great fun with a bitter twist - clever book. Anyone read The Secret Scripture by Sebastian Barry? Just finished it, it won the prize that isnt the Booker..beautiful book. Now on to Zoe Heller's The Believers.
Wednesday 4 February 2009 2.33pm
see you all there tonight

note to self, must remember to ensure the bar staff know that we're the SE1 forum book club.
Wednesday 4 February 2009 3.41pm
The Secret Scripture arrived today from Amazon, Double Binding ordered too. The Secret Scripture won the Costa Book Awards 2008 and was shortlisted for the Man Booker Prize. Don't mention it to Mr N. but I was tempted by Revolutionary Road by Richard Yates and the follow up to Call the Midwife, Shadows of the Workhouse by Jennifer Worth. I must avoid the book section at Tescos!
Wednesday 4 February 2009 3.53pm
I have started Mary Reilly, not even ordered Double Bind yet and am going to the theatre tonight, so have to give it a miss this time around.

Have fun and see you around soon-ish or otherwise next month
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ...LastNext
Current: 6 of 36

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions