London SE1 community website

SE1 Book Club 2009

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Current: 8 of 36
Monday 9 February 2009 10.52am
Be assured all will be revealed shortly, when hopefully SJ makes his debut!
Monday 9 February 2009 11.53am
Dear puzzling me.

Please do not be puzzled. All will be revealed............sometime.........
I do have a dyslexic keyboard and the the snopake on my screen was blocking my script.
Remember John Donne "............nomad is an island......."
MY choice of books surely is not to remain suspended?
Monday 9 February 2009 9.25pm
My vote goes for: Richard Yates: Revolutionary Road.

when does voting close and which one has won?
Jac
Monday 9 February 2009 10.55pm
MrsR - RTW wrote:
My vote goes for: Richard Yates: Revolutionary Road.
when does voting close and which one has won?

When a few more people have voted and/or when one emerges the most popular, i guess. Shall we give it a week eg to wed eve? So far it is 2 for revolutionary road, 2 for secret scripture and 1 for heart of darkness.

Have just finished reading double bind very good look forward to discussing it. Does anyone still need a copy, if so mine is now up for grabs.
Tuesday 10 February 2009 9.30am
Just saw the movie of Revolutionary Road...absolutely super. Am half way through Double Bind. Enjoy. Dont think I'll be at book club for some months, am not in London at the right time, alas.
Tuesday 10 February 2009 9.34am
Furthermore just finished Secret Scripture...beautifully written. Heart of Darkness is classic of course, we did it at University...the horror! the horror! Mr. Kurtz he dead...if you havent read it you should.
Tuesday 10 February 2009 9.38am
Quote:
Mr. Kurtz he dead

Would that be you giving away the plot, by any chance? ;-)
Tuesday 10 February 2009 3.33pm
Naaah! Would I do that?
Tuesday 10 February 2009 5.31pm
I fancy Secret Scripture please, sounds good! I still need a copy of Double Bind Jac, are you lunching on Friday?
Tuesday 10 February 2009 5.32pm
I had better add my choice, I've read Heart of Darkness at Uni too and of course there is the film version in Apocalypse Now. Perhaps Jackie might have been going to say, it had that dead gorgeous Martin Sheen (was it he?) in it acting his sox off as Mr K . It is one of those books that you could read again and again, but I will go with Revolutionary Road, sounds interesting.;-)
Current: 8 of 36

To post a message, please log in or register..
February at a glance
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions