London SE1 community website

[email protected] protest meeting Thursday!

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Monday 2 February 2009 2.50pm
Just kidding, but now that I have your attention, the elusive markadams99 and I are meeting on Thursday at 8:30 pm at the Britannia to make a stab at working our way through the single malt list. Any and all SE1ers are welcome to join us!
Tuesday 3 February 2009 1.24pm
great thread title, and a great idea for a social too, unfortunately I'll be playing poker in The Marigold.

However, I have a recommendation - try the Glen Goyne, if they have any as it's fantastic.
Tuesday 3 February 2009 1.41pm
Thanks--I'll do that! (Or maybe at the book club on Wednesday!) I looked to see which days were already taken with other SE1 social events, but missed the poker night. Would Friday work better? It's another possibility.
Thursday 5 February 2009 2.23pm
Love to join in - but can't do this week or next.....
Thursday 5 February 2009 6.22pm
We will have to get up another meeting, obviously!
Thursday 5 February 2009 6.23pm
BTW, in case anyone does want to join, we're meeting at 7:30 rather than 8:30.
Friday 6 February 2009 9.30am
was it any good? Did you even go?

when in there on Wednesday night MrNomad and I tried two, the Aberlour, and the Glenrothes - both very nice, and quite different to each other.
Friday 6 February 2009 10.04am
Yes, we went! The Glengoyne was good but seemed a little alcohol-y, if you know what I mean. I will try it again sometime; I may not have been in the right mood for it last night, as I switched to Laphroaig afterward. I think next time I will just start at the top of the list and try them in order! Not all in one night, obviously.

BTW, there is a new guy behind the bar who hasn't a clue about whiskies. I had to spell the names several times and point out the bottles to him. I'm sure he'll get up to speed soon.

I think Mark liked the place quite a bit; he mentioned he'd like to come play chess there with a friend.

I'll see if we can arrange another evening in a couple of weeks so Tattie and you and other interested parties can come.
Friday 6 February 2009 1.13pm
a bit late, i know, but I'd like to join you if you have another tasting night - i think they have Talisker and I;ve been recommended to try it
Friday 6 February 2009 3.51pm
Sure--I'll find out when Mark can do it again and post here in Socials.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions