London SE1 community website

Whisky Club

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ...LastNext
Current: 2 of 15
Tuesday 17 February 2009 8.16am
As long as we haven't fallen asleep in front of the (boring) telly!
Tuesday 17 February 2009 11.30am
Ha! OK, I'll be there at 9.
Tuesday 17 February 2009 12.04pm
Very unfortunately won't be able to make it today. have fun and hopefully there will be another one??
Tuesday 17 February 2009 12.37pm
Laphroaig wrote:
Ha! OK, I'll be there at 9.
I'll be there to join you at 9. looking forward to it
Tuesday 17 February 2009 2.09pm
I'll bring the book club selection for March, "Double Bind". Spot the book for anyone who doesn't know me!
Tuesday 17 February 2009 2.36pm
(Tattie, we'll miss you!)
Tuesday 17 February 2009 4.46pm
Not sure if I'll make it - I'll speak to MrsR, and see what she says.
Wednesday 18 February 2009 10.34am
Thanks to chustler, nomad, SaneJames, and markadams99 for showing up for the inaugural meeting of Whisky Club! Yes, we enjoyed it so much that we decided it should be an ongoing monthly meeting, so I've asked James Hatts to change the name of this thread accordingly. (Thanks, James!)

Rules of Whisky Club:

1. There are no rules.

I can't remember the rest of the rules, possibly due to the lovely three different single malts I tried. Anybody remember the others?

For our next meeting, which of the dates between 16-19 March (Monday-Thursday) would be best?
Wednesday 18 February 2009 11.04am
Enjoyed the first meeting of the Whisky Club, such a long list of Whiskies to work through, I'll check the dates with SJ. It's St Patrick's Day on the 17th March, so whatever night we choose, perhaps a nip of Irish Whisky too, to toast the great man!
Wednesday 18 February 2009 11.19am
Oh, that's right! Hmm, maybe that wouldn't be the best night for a quiet evening of sipping single malts, eh?
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ...LastNext
Current: 2 of 15

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions