London SE1 community website

Whisky Club

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ...LastNext
Current: 5 of 15
Wednesday 18 March 2009 2.00pm
I will be there too, if not, I got lost.... :-)
Wednesday 18 March 2009 2.05pm
get the directions from the food and drink session and set of early enough to allow for getting lost - I am sure you will manage to find it eventually ;o)
Wednesday 18 March 2009 2.17pm
Thanks a lot :-) will try and make the way partially by bus, hope the busdriver wont get lost, eventhough I experienced this once too.
See you there
Wednesday 18 March 2009 3.06pm
I may be a bit late myself!
Thursday 19 March 2009 3.54pm
it was a good whisky club last night.

we met the owner of the pub, and he told us about the list of 'all the single malt scotch whiskys in production at present, plus a few closed distilleries'

he gave us a small talk on the three areas of production, lowland, highland, and Islands and about Speyside, where 75% of the whisky is produced.

we are going to arrange a proper evening with him, where they put on some nibble food, haggis, neeps and tatties, and we only pay for the whisky, about 10 each for three glasses, and he'll gives a talk about something to do with whisky.
Friday 20 March 2009 10.18am
An excellent evening, the Whisky Club is certainly taking off, with a good turnout and as JonR says an instructive evening on single malt scotch whiskys from the Pub Owner.
Monday 30 March 2009 7.53am
Bump ---- Do we want to attempt setting a date for this?
Monday 30 March 2009 9.16am
Marlene mentioned the whisky tutorial last night at dinner. I am not a whisy drinker but I am prepared to be educated, so I am happy to come along.
Monday 30 March 2009 10.31am
Marlene was doing a good recruiting job last night. Like Juanita I've never been a whisky drinker despite my Scottish heritage but I would quite like to give it a try.

Gill
Monday 30 March 2009 11.02am
Ah, the recruiting is working!

I will try to drop by the place tonight and see about setting up a date in mid-April. I'll ask for a couple and see which one works better for the most people.

(By the way, would you mind not using my name on the boards? Laphroaig will do nicely! Thanks.)
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ...LastNext
Current: 5 of 15

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions