London SE1 community website

Whisky Club

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ...LastNext
Current: 6 of 15
Monday 30 March 2009 6.55pm
Well, in my usual fashion, I'm rushing around getting ready to depart for Firenze tomorrow. If anyone would like to go chat up the people at the Britannia about our whisky tasting in April, please feel free! I know several Whisky Club members will be there on 1 April for the book club. Otherwise I will do it when I get back next week.
Tuesday 31 March 2009 2.52pm
I don't think they need much chatting up at all. I recall Friday's were kind of out. I'll happily have a word - can you all give me some ideas of dates?
Wednesday 1 April 2009 1.54pm
May I suggest Wednesday the 15th or Thurday the 16th of April? I'll be in the Brittania tonight anyways for a short while because of book club and will bring it up. In the mean time, let me know if you can make the dates!
Wednesday 1 April 2009 10.47pm
15th ok for me, not 16th
Sunday 5 April 2009 12.30pm
Spoke to the Brittania, and they are still happy to have the whiskey club kicking off with the haggis, neeps, tatties and 3 glasses of whiskey!
Monday 6 April 2009 8.34pm
Can I come?
Tuesday 7 April 2009 2.53pm
Anyone can come. Spoke to the Brittania yesterday. They're all up for the 15th. So far I vaguely recall the following:

Laphroig
Sidi + Mr Sidi
JonR
Jac(?)
SaneJames
Nomad
Juanita
Chavender
Lisa (?)
Tattie

the ones with the questionmarks I've guessed based on previous conversations. Apologies if I have forgotten anyone, but do post back and maybe we can arrange?
Tuesday 7 April 2009 3.02pm
I did express an interest but I'm not sure I will be back in time on the 15th so I had better give it a miss.

Gill
Tuesday 7 April 2009 3.14pm
We won't be starting too early I would guess. We could count you in as an optional? The only thing we have to do at the moment is provide a rough indication of numbers. Things can always change after all.....
Tuesday 7 April 2009 3.23pm
Thanks. I am happy to be counted as an optional but I probably won't know till the night. Will that be too late?
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ...LastNext
Current: 6 of 15

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions