London SE1 community website

26th Feb. SE1 Social / Big Dave

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next
Current: 2 of 11
Monday 9 February 2004 2.11pm
have we had confirmation that Big Dave WILL be there - wherever it is?

pee ess..Curly, did you mean The Market Porter ?
Monday 9 February 2004 3.45pm
Big Dave has given his OK to the date. But not venue. And he will be interested to see how many people and suggestions the forum has come up with in 1 day.

Good Stuff !

Kevin
jac
Monday 9 February 2004 5.29pm
Trust tlmjj to be first to reply!

Im up for another get together the last one was fun and not an orange t shirt to be seen.
Monday 9 February 2004 5.56pm
Easy to spot tlmjj. She's the one who looks like a cross between a glam transvestite and a librarian.

Am keen to hear how jac's roller-blading went. Funny how they did not tell us.

Maybe one solution on venue might be to see if anyone offers a reserved table, food or whatever. Though Simon the Tanner might view the prospect of hosting an event with trepidation.
Monday 9 February 2004 7.41pm
Hi Sarah, Why would Simon the T be trepidatious?

Kevin
jac
Monday 9 February 2004 11.03pm
Hi Sarah

Not much to report Im afraid. Only managed to go once, (a few circuits of a car park! ) so far as I have had to be out of town most weekends and the evenings are still dark. Just wait to the summer though Im determined to mast the blades if it kilss me and it might!
Tuesday 10 February 2004 10.45am
Leave it to Harriet to organise - she managed the last SE1 occasion (complete with photographs on the website) without any silly clothes, and with the rival attractions of a large leaving party at the other end of the pub.
Tuesday 10 February 2004 1.16pm
...and for those of us who can't come, can you use any pictures to make a multiple choice "Which Forumster/Forumess is this?" quiz??? Absentees like to share in the fun too!!!
Wednesday 11 February 2004 1.24am
Harriet, Would you like to collaborate with me on organising this?

Defenitely agree that a local pub would want to reserve a place / some food for us.

I was thinking that maybe Vinopolis would like to have 20 or so locals step over the threshold ( & maybe stumble out at closing time) because we are ideal for word of mouth recomendations.....just look at the SOBo snowball effect.

But first we need to know how many are up for it.

roll UP, roll UP SE1'ers !
Kevin

Kevin
Wednesday 11 February 2004 10.16am
Can I come? I am a bit more of a lurker than a poster...
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next
Current: 2 of 11

To post a message, please log in or register..
February at a glance
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions