London SE1 community website

?!? SE1 Cider making 2009 ?!?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next
Current: 3 of 9
Friday 21 August 2009 9.11pm
Tattie wrote:
Sounds very organised,
I do have my moments ;0) Not very often, but it does happen.

Seriously though, if we're going to do it, it takes a handfull of people to put their hands up and volunteer themselves to do a bit of running around before and after the pressing weekend to make sure we have:

- apples (which generally need to be both sourced, and also picked and then delivered to the city farm)

- a press and scratter, which need to be picked up and returned to Mr Burns in Cheam

- someone who sorts out the general bits and bobs that we need on the pressing day itself

I'm a little bit conscious that we've committed two or three days of our time to pitch in with that, the last couple of times we've made cider together, and I'm really keen that we do it again this year, but I just want to flag up that my time might be a bit difficult to commit this year, depending on when Ivanhoe Jnr makes an appearance.

...if you press it, they will come.
Saturday 22 August 2009 11.32am
Oh how exciting..no one tells me anything! A baby Ivanhoe??? When?
Saturday 22 August 2009 11.46am
Cider anyone?

Sunday 23 August 2009 5.53pm
Hi, I would like to join in please.
I can pick up stuff as I have a car.
Monday 24 August 2009 3.10pm
fantastic - yes a cider meeting is definitely in order.
I suggest Sunday lunch in The Royal Oak, but it can get a bit crowded - maybe The Trinity instead.

This Sunday coming would be good for me.

I'm definitely up for this.

welcome billiangel - to what might possibly be one of the best experiences of your life!
Monday 24 August 2009 3.36pm
Welcome billiangel.

Sunday lunch is good for me. We've got guests, but I think they're leaving before lunch. If not, then they can have lunch without me.

I'll go anywhere, Jon (only thought: is there anywhere with a bit of outside space? Mainly saying this because I've just got out of a hot car.)

Monday 24 August 2009 6.22pm
Thanks for the welcome.
I am away this weekend sorry.
If you just want to organise things and tell me what to do/bring/fetch then thats fine I am sure we will meet at some point before the time.
I also have a nearly 5 year old boy so he will be pitching in if thats ok.

Nicola
Tuesday 25 August 2009 6.41am
We've often had several children helping. They seem to have a whale of a time, and I think we're all in favour of child labour when it comes to cidermaking ;0)

Tuesday 25 August 2009 2.26pm
that place on the corner of BHS, opposite the car hire place - The Ship (?) do they do food on Sundays? They certainly have an outside space.

The Lord Clyde also have an outside space, and real ale and nice food though I'm not sure if they're open on Sundays...

I'll get back to you on this.
Tuesday 25 August 2009 3.20pm
Sorry. After my post yesterday, I thought to myself: don't be such an ar$e and stop moaning. We should just go with your idea and I should stop being fussy.

If you're OK with the Trinity, (and it's nearer my place than yours) then so am I.

Humbly

Ivanhumbug

Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next
Current: 3 of 9

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions