London SE1 community website

?!? SE1 Cider making 2009 ?!?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next
Current: 7 of 9
Jac
Thursday 1 October 2009 3.09pm
I am still free to come along with you jon on 16th but if you can find someone who can help with the driving that's fine by me
Saturday 3 October 2009 4.57pm
Need to double check at work but should be OK for me to be in a bit late. Can anyone tell me when place in Cheam opens? I would want to be there as it opens. Also need to know how big it is. Have an oldish Volvo which is not a hatchback but I can open boot and put down back seat. Will it fit? I would probably bring scatter along Saturday morning.

Also is it heavy, or can I unload it from a car on my own.

There is no mention of Monday. It would be easier for me if someone else could take it back. But can do if need be.
Sunday 4 October 2009 12.44pm
Oh, and what is the address?
Monday 5 October 2009 10.04am
Sarah

Billiangel volunteered to get the press and scratter from Cheam on the Friday, if that helps. If Billi's offer still stands, then we just need someone to get the press and scratter back to Cheam on Monday.

Re Cheam: the info is all here http://www.cheerswinemakingandbrewing.co.uk/findus.html

Press breaks down quite small, and isn't heavy. It's one of those that looks like a big barrel, with a screw up the middle of it. The barrel splits into two pieces, so the only awkward shape is the base and the screw. Should fit comfortably in a car with the seats down. Richard (of Cheam) can help loading at his end, and we (or someone from the farm) can help at the farm end.

Hope that helps.

Do we need to have a meet up?

...if you press it, they will come.
Monday 5 October 2009 5.58pm
absolutely! and drink cider!
Wednesday 7 October 2009 1.14pm
Ok folks I need definitive answers from people please!?

Who is going to make cider this year?
(anyone interested needs to ensure that they have the appropriate equipment already or buying from Richard in Cheam in time for the pressing)

Who wants to help out at the cider pressing on Saturday 17th Oct, at Surrey Docks City Farm?

Is Billiangel still interested? There was an offer of collecting equipment from Cheam on Friday 16th

Sarah - can you still transport equipment?

Anyone interested in making cider, or helping, please send me a pm (click on 'reply via PM)

We are going to have a cider meet up to get final organisation sorted, either sometime Sunday, or Monday night - preferences please.

please include contact details in pm - email address, or mobile phone no.

Thanks

Jon.
Friday 9 October 2009 8.48pm
Can do Sun or Mon evening, but not too early.
Monday 12 October 2009 9.14am
monday evening then?
(tonight)

executive desicion:

8pm at The Roebuck

Thanks

Jon.
Monday 12 October 2009 10.01am
I'll be there, but will have to make it short and snappy.

Van is booked for Friday.

...if you press it, they will come.
Tuesday 13 October 2009 10.32am
we need to know who wants what - I know it's getting nearly time for pressing, but at the moment we don't have a definitive list of who will turn up and help, and who wants to take juice to make cider.

I know that Ivanhoe, and I do, and Jac, possibly Sarah(2), maybe Plum, maybe Gillian, and the Farm.

anyone else?

Billieangel?
Andrew ?

The pressing is this Saturday! at Surrey Docks City Farm - Rotherhithe.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next
Current: 7 of 9

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions