London SE1 community website

?!? SE1 Cider making 2009 ?!?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Current: 9 of 9
Wednesday 1 September 2010 8.18pm
Can supply some slave labour, some cash and would be willing to pick up press or similar.

Would be lovely to see Jon and Carol, but agre numbers have been dropping, perhaps below critical mass.. Would it be a good idea to try a new thread inviting new interest. And perhaps some pms to see if we can interest previous participants: Lang Rabbie, Sidhue (where is she!), TUMJ (again where is she), or TLMJJ. OK the latter is unlikley though it would be nice to see her.

If not, BBQ and cider in Jon's garden?!
Tuesday 7 September 2010 4.24pm
I will almost certainly try to help out at the harvest festival/apple day at the farm anyway, and I'll probably be building my own apple press, scratter etc, and I'm sure a barbeque can also be arranged.
Wednesday 8 September 2010 9.26am
Oh, yes, sorry, I meant to look up some plans for you (Jon).

I'll try and find time to do that soon.

...if you press it, they will come.
Friday 22 October 2010 8.57pm
Autumn Harvest fayre at Surrey Docks City Farm tomorrow, 10-4 where we will be pressing apples to make juice, and sampling cider, and there are other farm type things going on too.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Current: 9 of 9

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions