London SE1 community website

Do You Enjoy Cooking and Eating with Friends? Then why not come dine with us

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next
Current: 3 of 9
Tuesday 10 November 2009 10.51am
The wine list that went with our October dinner party was as follows:

Rose Brut Marques de Monistrol vintage 2006 CAVA
J Sainsbury Spanish CAVA Brut
J Sainsbury Taste the Difference Sauvignon Blanc 2007 Bordeaux

2x Oceans Edge 2008 Pinot Grigio Marlborough, NZ

Le Maury rouge de Saint Roch
Henriques + Henriques 15yr Madeira

Famous Grouse

SE1der
Sunday 29 November 2009 4.34pm
The Winos met on Friday night and enjoyed the following food and wine extravaganza:

Smoked salmon & cream cheese pancakes, mushroom pate on melba toast
Cremant de Loire from Langlois

A delicious chorizo & sweet potato soup with crusty bread
More fizz followed by a 2005 red Sancerre from Domaine Serge Laloue

Venison casserole with red currants & colcannon
2008 Yves Cuilleron Syrah

A decadent chocolate cake
Stanton & Killeen Rutherglen Muscat from Australia

Doorstone goats cheese, damson paste & crackers

Thanks to all and we're looking forward to the next dinner in January.
Monday 14 December 2009 2.34pm
Many thanks to our fantastic host for last nights November dinner club. well done for stepping in at the last minute and hosting 5 complete strangers! you didn't have to worry, your flat was easily big enough.
Tuesday 15 December 2009 6.39pm
My partner and I would be very keen to join the group, and look forward to hearing from someone how we go about it.
Mark
Jac
Tuesday 15 December 2009 9.04pm
Hi Mark

You and your partner would be very welcome to join the group. If you send me your email details via PM I will send you more details of how it works.
Tuesday 15 December 2009 9.10pm
Thanks Jon, I had great fun and it was lovely to meet everyone - have made note to self to avoid Sunday nights in future though as head was a bit woolly at work on Monday and that was without the cheese and liqueurs!!

So, the very lovely Foodies menu for the rather belated November dinner party was as follows:

Mulled wine to warm us up (with an extra dash of brandy as it was a cold night!)

Selection of tapas and warm pitta bread
La Gioiosa Pinot Grigio
La Manta Rayada Moscatel Semillon

Chicken breast stuffed with dolce latte wrapped in parma ham, sweet potato mash and garlicy green beans
2007 Fleurie

Christmas pud drenched in brandy (twice!!) and whipped cream
Muscat liqueur

Thanks everyone for a great evening and I'm already looking forward to the next one in January.
Sunday 27 December 2009 7.00pm
evening all,

my name is eli2abeth. i enjoy cooking and eating but have little knowledge of wine; but i am willing to learn. i will like to be part of the come dine experince,

so the big question is can i join your group?

many thanks,

eli2abeth
Jac
Sunday 3 January 2010 11.45am
eli2abeth wrote:
so the big question is can i join your group?

many thanks,

eli2abeth

And the answer is yes,you are very welcome as is anyone else who would like to join.

Unfortunately at the moment we are in the middle of a rota, but you can go on the reserves list and possibly stand in, if available, when someone can not make it and become fully involved when the new rota is drawn up

If you PM me your email address I shall send you more details of how we work. I look forward to hearing from you.
Monday 1 February 2010 2.19pm
Thanks to A&P for hosting the January dinner party that MrsR, I, Nomad and SJ attended on Saturday night.

an amazing space for holding a dinner party. lovely main course too. Thoroughly enjoyable.

Of the new activities that I've become involved in through SE1, this is by far the best, imo.
Tuesday 2 February 2010 11.55am
Thanks also to A&P for hosting the fantastic Flemish flavoured Dinner Party, could I have the recipe for the lovely starter if you have time JonR! Lovely food, delicious wine and great company.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next
Current: 3 of 9

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions