London SE1 community website

Do You Enjoy Cooking and Eating with Friends? Then why not come dine with us

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next
Current: 5 of 9
Wednesday 17 March 2010 12.57pm
Hi

The March dinner party for the Foodies enjoyed a very nice evening on Friday last week (sorry for the delay in posting but have been busy since) - thank you for everyone and most of all to Jac and Richard for letting us host there - really enjoyed the night and the food and wine was fab:

Pre-dinner drink:
M&S Rosecco - Prosecco raboso Rose

Starter:
Onion tart with leave, tomato and parmesan salad (pastry to die for and how the french make nice salads I will never know)

Starter wines:
Punt du Milieu - Pouilly-Fume 2008
Les Nivieres - Saumur 2007

Main course:
Seabass on a potato/spring onion rosti served with cherry tomato and bacon salsa (will definately cook this again as yummy)

Main wines:
Inama Vin Soave- Soave Classico 2008
Isabel - Marlborough Pinot Gris 2007

Desert:
Pana cotta with sliced oranges

Desert wine:
Nugan Estate - KLN Vineyard Botrytis Semillon 2006

See you all soon for the next one

X
Monday 22 March 2010 11.01am
The Winos met for the March dinner on saturday,it was a very enjoyable evening with many thanks to everyone for the lovely food and wines and of course their splendid company! A sort of St Patrick's Day flavour to the meal.

Pre-Dinner Drink: Piper-Heidsieck Champagne with various nibbles and assorted olives

Starter: Mixed green salad with chicory, toasted walnuts, pear and roquefort cheese with sherry vinegar dressing.

Starter Wines: Albert Seltz Gemurztraminer reserve.
Bourgoyne Aligote Pascal Bouchard.

Main course: Beef casserole with guinness and dumplings, assorted roasted vegetables and potatoes boiled in their skins ( they never did get crushed/mashed!)

San Lorenzo rioja reserve 2004
We did not get around to opening the main course white wine.

Dessert: Chocolate Fudge Pudding with cream.

Dessert Wines: Henry of Pelham Ice wine 2004, Cabernet Franc, Niagra Peninsular, directly imported from Canada.
Elysium California Black Muscat Dessert Wine 2007

Selection of Irish Cheeses and oatcake biscuits
Kilkenny cheddar, cashel Blue, Carrigbyrne Farmhouse St. Killian.
Jac
Tuesday 23 March 2010 11.00am
The dinner party club seems to be going from strength to strength and it will soon be time to start drawing up the new rota which will run from May to Nov (with august and september combined to allow for people being on holiday). Please let me know if you still want in on the next round.

We are open to new members joining in, its a fun way of meeting new people and enjoying some excellent food and wine so if you are interested please PM me with your email address and I will send you the details of how it works.

It might be nice to get together for a drink and discussion before the next round commences How about Tuesday 13th April in The Britannia?
Saturday 27 March 2010 1.25pm
The March cookie dinner was quite an enjoyable affair and started off with some La Rosca Cava

Starter
Salmon cakes with rocket and capers
Weinrieder 2008 - Gruner Veltliner Klasik

Main
Suffolk Wild Rabbit with sweet and sour red cabbage and mint mashed potatoes
Chateau Grezan 2006
Echt Kriekenbier (which was the same the rabbit was stewed in)

Dessert
Chocolate and raspberry tart
Maury 2005

Coffee

All very yummy, and most importantly good company and interesting conversations
Saturday 3 April 2010 12.18pm
i have recently moved to the area and would be interested to come if the 13th april at the Brittania is on.

alison
Jac
Saturday 3 April 2010 10.11pm
Alison. Yes drinks are still planned for 13th April 7.30pm in the Brittania, although perhaps at this point I should mention that I may not be able to make it myself, but there will be some of the dinner party group there.

If you drop me a PM with your email address I can send you some more details of how it works in the meantime.
Jac
Wednesday 7 April 2010 1.42pm
I shall be there after all, so look forward to seeing some new faces and catching up with friends. I shall reserve the table at the back (right hand side of the bar) but if you are not sure where we are just ask at the bar.
Jac
Monday 12 April 2010 4.55pm
Just to say we are still all on for Tuesday night, 7.30pm Britannia, so look forward to seeing you. We have a couple of new faces coming along too. If anyone else is interested just come along and introduce yourself and w will tell you all about it.
Tuesday 13 April 2010 1.52pm
may be there for a little bit but Jon's cousin is in London and I was hoping to see her so sorry if I don't make it :)
The dinner party is fab and have really enjoyed it. Great to be a member.
Sunday 16 May 2010 10.32pm
The (belated) April Gourmets' dinner took place last night - unfortunately without the original host who was stuck abroad at the mercy of the pesky volcanic ash!!!

Whilst hoping to not sound too unsympathetic, the other 5 went ahead with the dinner and had a very enjoyable evening. Culinary highlights below:

Tattinger champagne (thank you Tattie for extra treat!) accompanied some nibbles

Asparagus wrapped in parma ham with parmesan shavings
Chat-en-oeuf french wine (fab label and amusing play on words!!)

Fillet steak with stilton mousse, new potatoes and veg
Plantaze Merlot from Montenegro
Villa Maria Pinot Grigio (award winner from New Zealand)

Keylime pie & Strawberries and Cream
Muscat de St Jean de Minervois
Sainte Croix-du-Mont 2008 White Bordeaux

Selection of cheeses and biscuits
Fonseca Port

Highland Park single malt
Baileys

...er, can't remember after that!!!!

Thanks all for making it such a great evening.

p.s. Sandra, hope you made it back ok eventually!!
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next
Current: 5 of 9

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions