London SE1 community website

Do You Enjoy Cooking and Eating with Friends? Then why not come dine with us

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next
Current: 6 of 9
Jac
Tuesday 18 May 2010 5.51pm
Well done going ahead without the host, glad it worked out well and your not the last April dinner party. The new Rota will be with you all very soon.
Friday 21 May 2010 10.14am
Cazza wrote:
...er, can't remember after that!!!!

I vaguely recall some coffee I think.....
Friday 21 May 2010 11.23am
i recall coffee, and Highland Park, don't recall the Baileys though... It was gone 3am when we left.
Friday 21 May 2010 10.39pm
Now there's a surprise ;-)

I notice that the Bermondsey Carnival in Southwark Park is on 12th June. I really enjoyed our Dinner Club picnic there last year - anyone up for a repeat this year?
Sunday 23 May 2010 9.18am
May 22nd - Delayed April Cookies Dinner

Starters (Maureen and James)
Proscuittio, mozzarella, basil
W: Lebanon mix of muscat, semillon, sauvignon
R: Croatian, related to Zinfandel

Mains (Declan and Plum)
Passoul - Serbian spicy smoked ham and butter bean stew
Cider
R: Corbieres Deux Fleurs

Desert (Karen and Sue)
Elderflower, prosecco and fruit terrine
R: Pedro Ximenez Gran Bargeno

Well after an peripatic start in bringing a date together with the Easter hols, we finallhy agreed a date and got a full complement with the welcome addition of Sue and Karen to the Cookies fold.

7pm First guests arrive, Karen, Maureen and James. We proceed to assemble and dissemle in the kitchen.

Sue and Plum arrive, join kitchen -garden machinations.

We start the evening taking the air in the garden with the white wine, while Maureen assembled a sensibly light starter to preceed the stodge bomb of the mains. James politely lets Declan inform him about the plants in the garden (Declan thinks that Declan is bearing an uncomfortably close relationship to holiday photo showing people who say -"this is the beach, and oh here's another of the beach, and here's ...." Aaargh must get a grip of myself!)

Mains proceed in between much washing up and guest assisted drying (thank you Plummers) of a bowl of passoul, bread and butter and cider or wine. Bar the oversized portions for one or two of my fellowette Cookies, mains went down pretty well.

More washing up (with Karen assisted drying - thankyou too) then desert. A delicate and inventive combination of blackberries, strawberries and other fruit in aspic with elderflower and procecco and a blob of creme fraiche on the side. Just the ticket.

Then desert wine, a rich, heavy incense/ Christmas pud like wine made from raison infused wine. (Not to be confused with sherry of the same grape type though).

That was pretty much bar coffee which one could walk on and all guest had tootled off by 1130pm.

Thanks to all my visitors for being such lovely guests.

Le Fin.

Declan
Friday 4 June 2010 3.14pm
Hi.
I'm interested please send more details for [email protected] I'm male 33 old from Poland 10 years in London need meet someone
Jac
Sunday 6 June 2010 4.28pm
Hi Jarek

I shall send you details of how the SE1 dinner club works and if you are still interested and live in se1 you are very welcome to join, although for the time being it will have to be as a reserve (more details in my email). The dinner club is ideal to meet others who like good food and wine in a friendly and relaxed setting and to establish new friendships.
Sunday 20 June 2010 8.20pm
Posting up The Gourmets' menu from Friday:
1)Nibbles with bubbles (a Cava and a Moet)
2) mushroom pate with chicory salad and nutty bread, Pouilly Fuisse Domaine Delorme et Fils 2007, and Waipara West Pinot Noir
3) Scallops in a pea, onion, cream and bacon soup, served with ch Vircoulon Bordeaux and Saint-Bris Sauvignon (chablis)
4 Dutch apple pie, served with chateau de la Chartreuse 2006
Mark
Jac
Monday 28 June 2010 8.56am
Look like the winos drank too much wine over the weekend. They posted their menu on the old dinner party club thread. So I cut and pasted and here it is:

Well The Winos got together on Friday 25th June, I had a great night, thank you!!!

Arrival Drinks and Eats
Cloudy Bay Pelorus
Chilli and garlic olives
Pitted kalimati Olives
Sweet red peppers

Starter
Parma ham served with spinach,walnut salad and maple syrup dressing.

Starter Wine
Terra Serena Prosecco

Main Course
Crispy Salmon served with tamarind sauce, asian herbs and mango avocado salad.
Roasted vegetables & couscous

Main Course Wine
Pont de Milieu Pouilly fume 2008
Champteloup Touraine Sauvignon Blanc

Dessert
Spiced Poached Peaches (star anise), served with yogurt and cinnamon.

Dessert Wine
Tesco finest dessert semillon, Riverina GI 2005.

The foodies met last week and a good time was had by all, but our fabulous host has not had time to post the menu (and I hear that due to the number of bottles we got through she sneaked the bottles into the recycling in the dead of night so as not to alarm her neighbours).

I cant remember all the details especially of the wine we drunk and now the evidence has gone I guess no one will but we enjoyed the following.

A light sparkling rose to start

Goats cheese, onion and tomato tartlets
2 bottles of Chilean sauvignon blanc - same wine but 2 vintages quite different

Slow roast pork with 5 spice, crunchy white cabbage salad and rice
a vast amount of red wine from Austria very delicious

Raspberry meringue Roulade
a dessert wine followed by more red wine

and some of us had some vodka as well at some point.

Rumour has it that the cookies are not having their June dinner until July so you will have to wait for the next dinner party circuit menu
Tuesday 13 July 2010 3.45pm
Hi,

I have enjoyed reading about this group. My other half and I live in SE1 and would really like to join this group if there is space.

Thanks
Carissa
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next
Current: 6 of 9

To post a message, please log in or register..
February at a glance
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions