London SE1 community website

Christmas Party 2009

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next
Current: 5 of 8
Friday 4 December 2009 8.14am
The Professor will have : Minestrone, Sword Fish, and Cheese. I will have Melon, Turkey and Christmas Pud. I still think it's getting pricey.
Friday 4 December 2009 10.11am
I will have the goat cheese salad, Swordfish and Xmas pudding. Thanks!
Jac
Friday 4 December 2009 10.40am
Plum wrote:
Sorry Jackie, was only 25 last year but they have added extras to menu A this year and credit crunch or no life still goes on... splurge for a laugh with your mates! (please!)
Seem to remember that Tattie & Jon R were "dates" last year too ...mmh ... coincidence?

Are you trying to start a SE1 scandal about, Jon and Tattie, Plum?

I have to say I agree with Jackie R I think it is getting a bit too expensive. It has gone up each year and what started as excellent value is maybe not so good now. I know the food is always good and the room is lovely but a 3 course Christmas meal at the Britannia is only 16.50 and the food is good there too. Thats a big difference. I notice not so many people have put there name forward this year, usually places are snapped up and there is a waiting list, perhaps cost may be a factor I know it was almost for me. Maybe next year we should look to see if there is an alternative venue, it would be a shame if it is putting new people off joining us because of the cost.

That said Plum a big thank you for organizing this again and I am look forward to what I know will be a fun night out. See you all next week ..
Friday 4 December 2009 2.32pm
Thanks again for organising this Plum
goats cheese, pork, trifle for me please.

Jac, you're behind the times, Tattie and I was so last year! ;)

What I think should be looked into is how MrsR is always unavailable for the SE1 Christmas night - either she plans things to not be there, or someone else plans so that she's not there... hmmm?

Plum, if this was Menu A were there other menus this year?
Friday 4 December 2009 2.58pm
If we continue to use the venue, I think we should drive a harder bargain. Or, as Jac says, decamp elsewhere.
Friday 4 December 2009 8.46pm
Hello Plum

Many thanks for organising this - you always do a great job and I am looking forward to seeing you and all my SE1 chums.

Please can I have...

Starters: Trout and Soup
Mains: Lamb x 2
Sweet: Xmas pud x 2

Thank you.
Sunday 6 December 2009 8.55am
Melon turkey and trifle.

If a place comes up Stephen may be interested.

I have a day in exciting bits of the North West and will be coming straight to the Royal Oak. If I am late keep the melon warm!
Monday 7 December 2009 10.04am
Don't worry Sarah we won't be eating until 8.

Yes Jon, there was a menu B as well but that was more expensive.

16.50 at the Britannia sounds good, do they have an upstairs room or can they accomodate 18-20 of us downstairs? I can try to negotiate a rate for The Royal Oak next year but to be honest they have such high demand (I usually book end Sept to get a slot) that I don't know how great it would be.

I agree though that it is getting quite pricey and I will definitely investigate other venues for next year.

I am still waiting for menu choices from Boroughs Mark and Paul & Phoenix.

Thanks for your prompt replies chaps. Looking forward to seeing you all on Friday.
Monday 7 December 2009 3.47pm
Hi Plum

2 x Goats Cheese Salad
2 x Turkey
2 x Trifle

Thanks - see you then
Tuesday 8 December 2009 2.24pm
Plum wrote:
16.50 at the Britannia sounds good, do they have an upstairs room or can they accomodate 18-20 of us downstairs?
Above the Britannia pub is accomodation which has recently been sold off. I am sure that they could accomodate 20 people downstairs if you booked in advance. It was really pretty at book club last week - the Britannia has a lot of Christmas decorations.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next
Current: 5 of 8

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions