London SE1 community website

SE1 Book Club 2010

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Current: 14 of 35
Friday 12 March 2010 4.52pm
I would have used some of the money to fill in the pond. However, I do agree with Chustler that the Marin element provides an interesting slant on a similar problem.

I skipped the recipes, but enjoyed (if that is the right word) the different views on things and how people are affected differently by one situation.
Monday 15 March 2010 9.46am
boroughpaul wrote:
i would have cashed the cheque

damn right - even if you choose not to keep the money for yourself and give it to the OI Foundation or something
Wednesday 17 March 2010 4.07pm
Is the book club meeting on Wednesday 7 or 14 April, please? Have we made a decision yet?
Wednesday 17 March 2010 4.22pm
Another local author has posted on the SE1 discussion forum - 'Lessons in Life and Love' by Penny Rudge. Something for a future book club book, perhaps?
Wednesday 17 March 2010 9.15pm
well 7th is the only date i can do so thats my choice
Jac
Wednesday 17 March 2010 9.30pm
i believe we are sticking with the first week of the month as usual, looks like most people can make it even though its the easter week, Indeed a table has been reserved for the 7th to avoid a repeat of last meeting incident. I shall not be there but i dont have much to say about the book anyway.
Jac
Thursday 18 March 2010 8.37am
Hope you dont mind but I have taken it upon myself to contact Penny (see thread on se1 discussion) to try arrange for her come to our book club. It was such fun and so interesting having Michelle Lovric it seemed too good an opportunity to miss. Well done Juanita for spotting it.
Thursday 18 March 2010 3.11pm
Hurrah! Now do we need to vote on 7 April as to whether June's book should be "Lesson in Life & Love" by Penny Rudge? Or a later month?? I for one am quite excited to discuss a book about SE1, and with the author to boot!!
Jac
Thursday 18 March 2010 4.48pm
I have heard from Penny and she is very happy to come and talk to us at the book club and said she would love to hear what we think of the book. She is not not always in London but she could do the first week in June as she knows she will be in London then, So now I just need to let her know, so are we happy to go with this for the June book club? Only slight problem the book is available on Amazon at just over 5 but with P&P its a bit more so we might have to break our 5 rule. Are we happy to do that? She has said that it has already gone to reprint after a couple of weeks so is selling well so it may be available cheaper else where.
Thursday 18 March 2010 5.33pm
Sounds good to me... :o)
Current: 14 of 35

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions