London SE1 community website

SE1 Book Club 2010

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ...LastNext
Current: 4 of 35
Wednesday 27 January 2010 7.23am
Maxed out? I think NOT! We are usually, at tops, about ten. It really depends who shows up. I, for example, am not always in England, so I'm a sporadic attender. Then there are people who work late, people who are sick, people who...you know how it is. And we LOVE new people in Se1, we reject being called "cliquey", so please do come along. 7.30 onwards at the Brittania in Kipling Street, and whoever gets there first says to the Bar that it's us. We try and bag the table at the back on the right.
Jac
Wednesday 27 January 2010 12.18pm
To be honest Jackie I think they know who we are at the pub now so we dont need to tell them.

But Jackie is right new people are always welcome so do come along if you can.
Thursday 28 January 2010 12.08pm
juanita wrote:
To anybody thinking of coming along to the SE1 Book Club who has not been before...
We are meeting on Wed 2 Feb (7.30pm onwards) at the Britannia pub, Kipling Street. The pub grub (including chips) is pretty good.

I think Wednesday is the 3rd? It's penned in my diary to come, so see you there!

I reserved 'When I lived in Modern Times' and both the Jodi Picoult and Stieg Larsson books at the library so they should be ready to collect tomorrow. Hopefully will find time to finish 'When I Lived in Modern Times' before Wed... (fingers crossed!)

I'm voting for The Girl with The Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson because I've seen it advertised before (somewhere?) and had thought then that I'd like to read it.

I don't mind Jodi Picoult - I've read about 3 others of hers - but I do find that although they raise interesting moral dilemmas they are all a bit formulaic...
Thursday 28 January 2010 5.55pm
i will be there by 830 and its going to be a first time for me ...looking forward to it!
Thursday 28 January 2010 9.26pm
We'll all be well into our cups by the boroughpaul..
Friday 29 January 2010 2.47pm
MrsR and I will be there too.

I saw today on the BBC news website an article about Steig Larson (sp?) - I didn't realise that he'd died in 2004 before any of his books were published.
Friday 29 January 2010 5.20pm
Gwynaethva
I think Wednesday is the 3rd?
[/quote wrote:

Oops, my mistake - I do apologise! Yes, see you next Wednesday, 3 February! Looks like we will have a decent turn out ... luvvly jubbly!
Monday 1 February 2010 9.46am
This Wednesday, 3rd Feb, Brittania pub, from about 7.30 ish.

(just in case anyone's not sure)
Monday 1 February 2010 10.12am
Wow JonR, shall we see you? Super
Monday 1 February 2010 2.17pm
What's the vote count so far?
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ...LastNext
Current: 4 of 35

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions