London SE1 community website

Pub Quiz at the Britannia

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next
Current: 2 of 8
Jac
Tuesday 23 March 2010 10.42am
I am trying to get Mr Jac to come along (i have to work that night). So perhaps there is a team in
mr jac
Ivanhoe
Chustler
Mr and mrs R if available

If I tell him he is in the team he will have no choice but to come
Tuesday 23 March 2010 11.04am
Julie wrote:
Try this: http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/team/teamhope
And whatever you do ... do not look at the photos ...
Ah, but if I didn't look at the photos, I would not have known that Gemma was also running.
Tuesday 23 March 2010 12.40pm
is there room for me and Marcus (the man-with-no-SE1-log-on).... or do we need to start another (rival of course) team..... ;-)
Tuesday 23 March 2010 1.13pm
Have no previous (experience of quiz nights, that is), but am available to supplement any team.

(thinks, this could be a bit like being picked for the school netball squad - who's going to be left in the line as last choice.....? emotional harm could result....)
Tuesday 23 March 2010 1.38pm
well, we have 5 definites so far:
ivanhoe
chustler
sophielondon
the man with no se1 log-on
janefs

and a growing number of possibles, so hopefully enough for two teams on the night?

i'm sure there's a way of avoiding the psychologically damaging team distribution too - maybe Julie can do us some knitted straws to pull?
Jac
Tuesday 23 March 2010 1.52pm
if Mr Jac is needed for a team then he is a definite I shall give him no option!
Tuesday 23 March 2010 2.34pm
I'll go with anyone - as you can all probably guess :0)

...if you press it, they will come.
Tuesday 23 March 2010 2.39pm
Jac wrote:
if Mr Jac is needed for a team then he is a definite I shall give him no option!

tell him he's a definite then, so we're well on the way to two teams
Tuesday 23 March 2010 2.40pm
Yay!
Wednesday 24 March 2010 9.02pm
count me, Jon and his brother Richard in - happy to join an existing team or be intersperced or form a new one - let us know
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next
Current: 2 of 8

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions