London SE1 community website

Pub Quiz at the Britannia

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next
Current: 4 of 8
Saturday 27 March 2010 2.58pm
myself and BoroughMark are coming......
Saturday 27 March 2010 10.00pm
and Alex + 1 from SnB. We definitely have enough for 3 teams now
Sunday 28 March 2010 9.01pm
We are without children that hight (wonderful thought) and Stephen loves quizzes. I have a long term ambition to buy a Britannia Easter Chick so we will try to come along. Stephen is good at questions on history, footie and politics so if you have space in a team he would be delighted. I am pretty useless at anything unless the answer is Iggy Pop, so happy to sit it out, enjoy my child free evening and admire my Easter chick.

It would be nice to see everyone including the R's and meet some new people. We very much hope the Ivanhoes are still speaking to us.....
Sunday 28 March 2010 9.09pm
sounds like Alex has a whole team sorted so the rest of us = 13

Ivanhoe
chustler
sophielondon
the man with no se1 log-on
janefs
Jon R
Mrs R
brother Richard R
Mr Jac
BoroughPaul
BoroughMark
Stephen
Sarah2
Monday 29 March 2010 7.32am
Great stuff. I'll be there, Sarah, but not MrsI. Looking forward to it. See you tomorrow

...if you press it, they will come.
Tuesday 30 March 2010 6.35am
Sorry guys, BoroughPaul & I are still away and wont be back in time for tonight....hope it goes well
Tuesday 30 March 2010 8.18am
See you all tonight. I'll aim to be there around 8, which should give me the chance to get properly warmed up before the questions start flying ;0)

Tuesday 30 March 2010 11.05am
Mrs R is ill and won't make it tonight, but I'll be there, probably from about 8 to join Ivanhoe in preparations for braineyness.
Tuesday 30 March 2010 11.35am
Well done, Jon. You're showing admirable dedication.

Wednesday 31 March 2010 10.27am
THANK YOU everyone who came along last night ... we hope you enjoyed it and at least left knowing something you didn't at the beginning of the evening! 'Team Hope' were particularly chuffed by everyone's suggestions of our collective age! And by the tremendous amount of money we raised for our charity: HOPE for children. Thank you all!

We enjoyed it so much that we're going to host another one: Wednesday 21 April at the Britannia again ... so if you can face giving that grey matter another work out, and can cope with seeing us parade in more garish running attire: come along ...
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next
Current: 4 of 8

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions