London SE1 community website

SE1 Book Club 2015

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next
Current: 2 of 9
Friday 27 March 2015 9.39pm
Unfortunately,the Grange Gentleman and I won't be able to make it this time, as we get back to London from Scotland too late.
See you in May.
Saturday 28 March 2015 9.25am
Another 2008 SE1 book club choice "Suite Francaise" has been filmed and isbeing shown today & tomorrow at Shortwave
Thursday 2 April 2015 9.01am
Mr Jac and I were the only people to show last night and there were no shortlisted books to choose from so we will carry the books forward a month and discuss H is for Hawk in May and Kazuo Ishiguro - A Pale View of Hills in June. I know that some of you who could not make last night have read H is for Hawk so it seems a shame not to discuss it.

David can you short list for next month please and post on here a few days before? Can everyone have a choice to throw into the hat on the night just in case.

As the local pubs get busier it has been increasingly hard to find a suitable venue where we can talk about the books easily and also eat if desired. Leathermarket was excellent value last night with a 2 for 1 offer on burgers but was a little too noisy. It may be worth swopping to a Monday night. Can you let me know if this would suit in the future. In the meantime I will not be there for the May book club although Mr Jac will so

The next book club is May 6th and will be at The Kings Arm form 7.30pm as this is a a good place to talk.
Thursday 2 April 2015 11.35am
Coffee wrote:
As the local pubs get busier it has been increasingly hard to find a suitable venue where we can talk about the books easily and also eat if desired. Leathermarket was excellent value last night with a 2 for 1 offer on burgers but was a little too noisy. It may be worth swopping to a Monday night. Can you let me know if this would suit in the future.

The next book club is May 6th and will be at The Kings Arm form 7.30pm as this is a a good place to talk.

I'm a lapsed participant in the book club because I'm pathetically inconsistent in my reading. If you do swop evenings I can comment from experience that Leather Market is very quiet on Mondays, though no doubt it varies a bit. I have read 'H' and may well come and haunt you all in May.
Thursday 2 April 2015 11.39am
Coffee wrote:

Would that be the Kings Arms, 65 Newcommen Street? As opposed to the Kings Arms, Tooley Street?
Friday 3 April 2015 12.07pm
Should never had read that book list over the past decade, have mad urge to spend rent and council tax money on Amazon!
Monday 6 April 2015 2.36pm
juanita wrote:
Coffee wrote:

Would that be the Kings Arms, 65 Newcommen Street? As opposed to the Kings Arms, Tooley Street?

Yes The King's Arm Newcommen street for next book club
Tuesday 7 April 2015 11.08am
It's unlikely that I'll be there on the 6th, do you still want me to nominate some books?
Jac
Tuesday 7 April 2015 12.04pm
Yes Do if you are intending in coming to future book clubs We will be discussing the book chosen on 6th of may at the august meeting.
Tuesday 7 April 2015 3.17pm
Okey dokey, remind me again of the criteria?
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next
Current: 2 of 9

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions