London SE1 community website

Lunch Club

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ...LastNext
Current: 5 of 141
Monday 7 March 2005 5.55pm
Had lunch in The Oak yesterday [Sunday] and very good it was too - the usual roasted suspects and great puddings, [fantastic bread & butter pud and my sample of companions trifle was also fab]. I forgot to check, but think they are opening at weekends as an experiment.
Jac
Monday 7 March 2005 7.42pm
Im out on a school trip to see their work on display at the E&C but will come along if Im not too late
Monday 7 March 2005 8.32pm
I'll be there too.
Tuesday 8 March 2005 7.32am
I'm at the Planning Appeal against horrible St. George trying to build a skyscraper on our parking lot (at Metro) so wont be able to do lunch today, but next week.....
Tuesday 8 March 2005 10.49am
I'm not in London this week so can't make it either.
Tuesday 8 March 2005 4.00pm
Hurrah! I have heat & light & computer capability again! The power's just come back on.

Had a lovely lunch with Jac & Ms.Jo in The Bermondsey but we thought it was a little pricey (7.80 for a chorizo sandwich & a glass of house red).

Any suggestions for a venue for next week. We were thinking of perhaps somewhere around Borough Market - maybe Fusion Box -or is that too far away for some of you to manage in a lunch hour?

Is there anywhere that any of you would particularly like to try?
Tuesday 8 March 2005 4.21pm
Highly recommend Fusion though it pays to get there before 1 as it does fill up inside. Chorizo frittata - yum yum!
Tuesday 8 March 2005 9.51pm
Opening hours for the Royal Oak weekend experiment:

Sat 6pm - 11pm (food 6pm - 9pm)
Sun 12pm - 6pm (roast lunch 12pm - 5pm)

I love this pub & it would be great if it was open at weekends as well so locals - if you fancy it - let them know we want all week opening.

(I have no association, vested interest etc etc)
Tuesday 8 March 2005 11.44pm
I think its called Fuse Box. I suggested it as the food is so great, a bit different and imaginative, but its more of a 'lunch and go' sort of place, rather cramped and small, so its no good if you want a long lunch to chill out and avoid doing anything useful for half the afternoon.

Anyway we've got weeks and weeks to try out everybody's fave places. Then go round again them all again and a few new ones. It is so nice having wonderful local folks to go lunch-exploring with! I'm so glad I live in SE1.
Wednesday 9 March 2005 8.08am
Lunch is for wimps, so are we all wimps? Actually, I was never a lunch person, but the Professor sees missing lunch as worse than rape and murder, so it has to happen. Whatever happened to the "For better, for worse,but not for lunch" dictat? Now that the Professor has retired, he cant be in the University canteen with other professors. We shall therfore perforce be joining the lunch club - we could try the Meunier Chocolate Factory, we went to the talk there last week and the restaurant looked lovely and the food inexpensive.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ...LastNext
Current: 5 of 141

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions