London SE1 community website

Lunch Club

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Current: 7 of 141
Sunday 13 March 2005 5.23pm
Sorry Jo, no offence meant. Borough? But you know what I meant. XX
Monday 14 March 2005 2.14pm
Really sorry to do this guys, but I am not going to be able to make it tomorrow. I've hurt my foot rather badly and can't even manage to put on my comfiest shoes so I'll have to take a raincheck 'till next week. Have a lovely time.
Jac
Monday 14 March 2005 4.48pm
Who is up for lunch tomorrow. Julie are you going to come along with toddler and join us?
Monday 14 March 2005 4.58pm
Would love to but have had to rearrange motherhood this week as I have the treat of spending Tuesday in MIlton Keynes! In fact due to very hectic nature of the week it may be Friday before I can do worm stuff ... if you get my gist Jac!
Monday 14 March 2005 9.06pm
I'm coming Jac, and I THINK the Professor is too.
Jac
Tuesday 15 March 2005 12.45pm
Oh guys sorry a very hectic morning lots of phone calls and interuptions and I have completely forgotton lunch, Im not use to getting out during the day. I was just having a quick break browse of this great site nefore getting on with proof reading and then it dawned on me I shouldn't be here. Dare not pop out now as I have to complete the proof reading by tomorrow. See you next week - hopefully
Tuesday 15 March 2005 3.39pm
I nearly forgot too - had a quick look at my emails and suddenly remembered. Had a lovely lunch at the Menier Chocolate factory with Jackie and the Professor. Lovely place, nice food but not many budget options.

Plum, I'm sorry to hear about your foot. I hope its not too bad or too painful. Was it at least an interesting accident (better not express too much interest or all those people are going to start going on at me for gawping other peoples' misfortune...).

No offence about the West Bermondsey exclamation - its just that it was the first time I've heard any 'normal' resident use the phrase, since it was invented by the Neighbourhood Renewal Program people in the council. Amazing how you invent some completely fictitious concept and before you know it, others are referring to it.
Tuesday 15 March 2005 3.50pm
Glad you had a good time, sorry I couldn't make it. No, it wasn't an interesting accident at all, just a large blister on the side of my tootsie which has decided to turn into a large hole! Ouch! is all I can say!
Did you have a chat about where we should go next week? Does anyone fancy trying the noodle place at Elephant that everyone has been talking about?
Tuesday 15 March 2005 4.10pm
Very sorry I missed today and I am tied up the next few Tuesdays now ... amazing how this job gets in the way of my social life (big sigh). My father is in town tonight for one night only so am having dinner with the old man. Thought it better for my waistline if I only went out for one meal today.
Tuesday 15 March 2005 5.22pm
Yes you all missed out! We had a lovely time with Jo, and she gave us all sorts of VERY helpful hints about the prospective horrible development on our parking lot. The food was jolly nice and LOTS of it, I couldnt even finish my chips so Jo and the Professor helped out. JonR eat your heart out. We're up for the noodle bar...heaven knows it's close enough to us, we might throw a wire from our terrace.
Current: 7 of 141

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions