London SE1 community website

Lunch Club

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Current: 8 of 141
Tuesday 15 March 2005 5.25pm
LOL! Visions of you and the Professor on the Elephant death slide - now that would be a photo op!
Tuesday 15 March 2005 7.00pm
No no, dear Plum, what I meant was that we could send a wire to the Noodle Bar and get our noodles sent up...sort of pulley system. But if you guys will be there we will decend from our magnificent heights (ho ho, Metro Central Heights....geddit???) and join you. However, the lunchtime revellers are a small select group it being that so many of you WORK, so dreary. We, thank goodness, have finished with all that..the joys of old age. After our jolly lunch with TUMJ we went off to the Design Museum. Super.
Tuesday 15 March 2005 10.20pm
I wish you met on Fridays. Then I could come along once a fortnight, too.
Jac
Tuesday 15 March 2005 10.25pm
TLMJJ - I am sure we could make an exception.

Jackie, prof and Jo sorry I didn't make it, I really fancied trying that place out, perhaps another time. Noodles sounds good, I'll try not to forget next week.

Got the proof reading done bit of a downer reading recipes whilst you were enjoying your lunch!
Tuesday 15 March 2005 10.33pm
I could do Fridays generally too ...
Tuesday 15 March 2005 10.46pm
Well, if you do do a Friday and it's within walking distance, I'd love to come along and bring my sister and The Baby Miss Jo Jo as well...

I have every other Friday off work - in this week, off next week.

Tuesday 15 March 2005 11.31pm
Next week it's Good Friday, I think?
Wednesday 16 March 2005 12.41am
Oh yes. In which case I'm off work the Friday after as well.

Oh, it's all very complicated.
Wednesday 16 March 2005 12.57am
I am pleased someone else is awake. Maybe TLMJJ and I should set up socials for those who are still awake after midnight on a week night.

I'm around on Good Friday, as is the six-year-old Miss2.

Wednesday 16 March 2005 8.51am
Gosh, the people in the noodle bar will think it's their birthday, a cast of thousands decending. Our grandchild is coming to stay in May, he's nearly two. We will bring him to the lunch club to disrupt things further. However, more to the point....are we meeting on Tues or Fri next week?
Current: 8 of 141

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions