London SE1 community website

Friday 10th June SE1 Social

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 Next
Current: 3 of 5
Thursday 12 May 2005 2.27pm
I think he means chaps, and that's why he's a little reluctant to go to the Fort.

...if you press it, they will come.
Thursday 12 May 2005 3.47pm
Jackie,

What time are you planning to start? Are junior SE1ers welcome. They could be put to work pouring out the drinks. And would not be allowed to stay all night.

If not we will arrange a babysitter.

Sarah
Thursday 12 May 2005 4.33pm
I thought around six thirty ish. And anyone who wants old or young is welcome. As long as there is some drink to be served (NB CIDER MAKERS). Come when you like stay as long as you want....no problem. I'll probably go to bed at nine oclock and the Professor will give you all breakfast....
Thursday 12 May 2005 4.59pm
Jackie, I'm very happy to bring back a manucube (3 gallons) of really good quality cider from the Forest of Dean for your party. Perhaps we could start a whip?
Thursday 12 May 2005 5.43pm
We will contribute a 2 litre bottle of Plum's best on her behalf.

Do you need food as well. The piggie-wiggie might still be around. We could dig the pram out from the back of the shed to use as transport. Or something less challenging if you prefer.
Thursday 12 May 2005 6.06pm
Sarah,

I think we've agreed (on food) to do as we did for Maurits' soiree - which is for everyone to bring something (buffet-esque) to eat with them such as crisps, dips, cakes, crudites (and other things that don't begin with "c").

I will probably do quiche or sausage rolls again...

Edited 1 times. Last edit at 12 May 2005 6.21pm by Siduhe.
Friday 13 May 2005 6.42am
Ahhhh, you lovely people. Shall we say no entry to anyone not lugging an insulated bag? Honestly, bring whatever you feel you can, thank God the noodle bar and Nandos are downstairs, plus the Tandoori,....and there's always Tesco. No one will starve. I'm only concerned about the CIDER. And if it continues being so bloody cold, I'm concerned about the health of the SE1 ers.
Friday 13 May 2005 5.36pm
I'll bring some cider too, and maybe I'll bake something...
cookies? some filled bread (a la Jamie Olliver) maybe?, possibly couscous salad.... who knows?
Saturday 14 May 2005 8.15pm
Great stuff. Actually, nearer the day, if people could sort of let us know what they're bringing we can try and coordinate it..so there arent thirty eight quiches and no salad or loads of cheese and no crackers. We are glad to supply nibbly bits of one kind or another - and for those that dont drink cider, shall we get a couple of cases of beer? Suggestions welcome as to which beer. Oh PLEASE dont let it rain. Just as I write the sun is going down behind the wheel and it looks bloody marvellous all red and streaky.
Sunday 15 May 2005 7.50am
Siduhe Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Sarah,
>
> I think we've agreed (on food) to do as we did for
> Maurits' soiree - which is for everyone to bring
> something (buffet-esque) to eat with them such as
> crisps, dips, cakes, crudites (and other things
> that don't begin with "c").
>
Sidhue,

I realised, so please forgive me for trying to flogg a dead pig.

Incidently will we see James Hatts, following the rare sightings in MacDonalds. I hope he is tempted by either the promise of either a rare brew, or a rare view.

And I hope Jan the Old One makes her first guest appearance. Perhaps with Deirdre?

Sarah
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 Next
Current: 3 of 5

To post a message, please log in or register..
February at a glance
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions