London SE1 community website

Friday 10th June SE1 Social

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 Next
Current: 4 of 5
Monday 23 May 2005 3.54pm
believe it or not Sarah2, my daughter has planned to take me on a last minute holiday the fourth june for a week, ( if she can find any where really cheap) but am determined to make it sometime....honest.......especially as me tomato colour hair has faded!
Monday 23 May 2005 4.04pm
Tharg, I'll chip in if you bring some of that wonderful Cannock (I think - Keith's stuff in the competition at Putley) perry. Anyone else?
Monday 23 May 2005 7.13pm
Oh dear Jan the old one's hair has faded...and we shall not be treated to this vision.....I'm gutted. Please will you tell the wind to calm down, it's been blowing a blizzard lately on our terrace, I keep thinking of you all flying off...dont worry, it's too big for that...
Tuesday 24 May 2005 12.57pm
Jackie, don't be gutted..be grateful, it took umpteen bottles of head and shoulder to reduce the colour....otherwise you'd need sun glasses!
Tuesday 24 May 2005 2.13pm
Jan,
And your merkin? Faded too, or did it not match in the first place?

Sarah
Tuesday 24 May 2005 3.50pm
Now listen up children the hour is drawing nigh, 10th Ju;ne looms, and we must be aware of procedure (love that word!). Getting into our building is like getting into Sing Sing, and getting into our building lugging vats of cider no easy matter. Will all cider providers contact me and let me know a)when then want to pitch up - it can be ahead of time as much as you want the cider can live on the terrace where, just a present, it will be VERY cool and b)how many gullets they think it will cool and how much EXTRA hooch of one kind or another we should import...I mean we can have the place running dry can we now? I'm less worried about the food as our friendly takeaway joints will provide in the absence of any cohesive effort to feed the five thousand. It would be nice to have a ROUGH idea of who is coming.
Getting in: WATCH the site on the day before and I will put up instructions. The concierges will be warned that a lot of disreputable people will be turning up trying to scale the building to our flat. Body armour will be worn.
Wednesday 25 May 2005 11.56am
I'll chip in for the Cannock too. Am only bringing 1 bottle of "homebrew" (& some wine) so no pre visits necessary, will just turn up with goodies in hand. Was thinking of bringing a pasta salad & pud of some sort (little pavlovas probably). Hope this is OK.
Wednesday 25 May 2005 2.05pm
Ditto for me and cider, Tharg. Very happy to chip in as I said before.

Will also bring some other misc booze (beers probably). Have given no thought to food, and will do as I'm told (if you want to tell me to do something, Jackie).

Looking forward to it.
Jac
Wednesday 25 May 2005 2.10pm
Hi jackie
I shall be coming along with Mr Jac and shall bring along some wine. asfor food I am not sure yet but there is a good chance it will be chicken of some sort.

Sadly have to work the following day so will have to make sure I don't end up the same way as I usually do afetr SE1 socials, details of getting home after the lady miss jo jos birthday drinks are a bit sketchy
Wednesday 25 May 2005 3.38pm
Wow Ivanhoe...you;ll do whatever I tell you? Well, take one empty detergent bottle, two loo rolls, two felt pens and a roll of sticky tape and....well, perhaps later. Please note everyone, we will be in Czech Republic and Switzerland from next Tues. till following Tues (7th). Would you like us to provide some paper plates...we have quite a lot, we have napkins and some plastic cutlery. as I said before about fifty glasses which can all be broken and no one will mind. Bring sweaters if the wind is howling (and it usually does howl up here on 14th floor and the terrace goes right around so n ot much escape.) We do, however, also have a conservatory on the terrace to huddle in. Or you can all watch telly. Just come over, that's the thing.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 Next
Current: 4 of 5

To post a message, please log in or register..
February at a glance
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions