London SE1 community website

Playing Bridge in SE1

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next
Current: 6 of 8
Tuesday 16 August 2005 12.36pm
no, don't go ducking out!
the more the merrier (though I'm not sure Sarah will agree to that if 28 people turn up!)
my brother might be able to make it if he can get a sitter.... we shall see.
Tuesday 16 August 2005 12.39pm
no, don't go ducking out!
the more the merrier (though I'm not sure Sarah will agree to that if 28 people turn up!)
my brother might be able to make it if he can get a sitter.... we shall see.

I'm definately up for it!
Tuesday 16 August 2005 2.35pm
So good you say it twice.

Hope Ivanhoe will come. Plum and others welcome. Or some new faces. We worked out that we had two round tables so eight was easy. Husband is beginner so will be equally happy learning, and organising booze.

The level last time was, at best, rusty though Jon displayed a knowledge of some fancy bridge terms. So people need not be put off. If more want to come we can always split into two tables.

Will consult him indoors on the time.
Thursday 18 August 2005 8.32am
I will PM both Jon and Ivanhoe. If anyone else wants to come along they are welcome. I am going to be rushing around so if anyone else wants to play, or watch, they will need to contact them for address etc. It would be lovely to see some new or familiar faces.

Happy for others to decide time. 7.00pm? Will organise food and drink. Pity I gave away the interesting bottle of Polish brandy I won at the school's bottle stall.

Sarah
Thursday 18 August 2005 8.34am
I'll be there, but not won't be able to make 7pm. More like between 7:30 and 8 if that's OK.

...if you press it, they will come.
Thursday 18 August 2005 9.06am
Fine. See you then. The bearded Mrs I is also welcome provided she agrees not to eat the children.
Thursday 18 August 2005 9.31am
She never plays

Thursday 18 August 2005 9.47am
but could read the children a bedtime story.. ......

Then again, would they get nightmares?
Thursday 18 August 2005 3.11pm
I'm really sorry, but something has come up and I can't get out of it and it means I can't make tonight.

Sorry sorry sorry.

I've pm'd you Sarah.

Sorry.

Friday 19 August 2005 12.13pm
Five sorries!

It was fine. We played Canasta, which Jon won because he is more cunning, vicious and manipulative than we were. And he knew the rules. Fun all the same.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next
Current: 6 of 8

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions