London SE1 community website

2005 SE1 Christmas Party!

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next
Current: 8 of 9
Thursday 8 December 2005 3.16pm
I have phoned the R Oak. I am now guest #15, and have alerted them to my choices. Thanks for the PM , Julie.

Look forward to seeing you, Kevin B.
Thursday 8 December 2005 3.24pm
Phew - will be good to see you Kevin !
Friday 9 December 2005 1.40pm
Thanks everyone for last night - was great to see you all.

Friday 9 December 2005 7.42pm
Sorry I left (relatively) early,but I'm REALLY sick today, so hope I didnt infect Mauritz or Kevin or Jo or Sarah or indeed anyone...love to you all, and thanks.
Sunday 11 December 2005 10.35am
The Royal Oak traditional trifle was tremendous. Do they serve it at other times of the year?

James seems to be the SE1 name of year. Jackie's boasts fell on stoney ground, especially when, in the presence of Jerry, (she really has a thing about J's) she confirmed that the famous kiss was only a peck on the cheek. And initiated and consumated by her.She now appears to her her sights set on Mapmaker.

I was about to say that he wisely bypassed the event, but then remembered the trifle. Anyway there are more James' in the pipeline, so Jackie's focus should soon be elsewhere.

Maurits seems to be getting over TLMJJ's abandonment. Lots of marriage plans in the air. Time for James the Moderator to buy a new hat.

We missed Ivanhoe, Tharg and all. With a bit of agriculatural news we might have been in Ambridge.

Thanks to everyone. Including Julie, who after her share of organising ended up having to work. And looking forward to Plum getting her hard-drive back.

Monday 12 December 2005 5.33pm
Sorry did not make it even for a drink as had hoped but other half was rushed into hospital last week so did not do a lot of anything-glad it all went well though
Tuesday 13 December 2005 8.35am
Yes, their Trifle is four seasons trifle and is served all the time! It is such a relief to eat a wonderful, simple Sherry Trifle the way it is supposed to be rather than the fussy sophistication of 'Roast' and 'Modern British'. May just have it Old Fashioned?
Tuesday 13 December 2005 6.17pm
Great company, nice food (I think the first time I've eaten turkey that tasted of something), thanks for organising, let's not wait till next Christmas to do it again.
Wednesday 14 December 2005 3.45pm
Yes, lets start the SE1 Trifle Club
Wednesday 14 December 2005 6.13pm
Good idea. I want to be chairman with first right of tastings.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next
Current: 8 of 9

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions