London SE1 community website

Pre-Christmas drinks

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next
Current: 3 of 8
Wednesday 16 November 2005 1.57pm
I'll do cake.

...if you press it, they will come.
Wednesday 16 November 2005 2.25pm
If that is Ivanhoe the younger posting, do you mean you'll be supplying drugs?

Though if it is Ivanhoe the elder, I guess it will be battenberg all round

Sounds splendid, either way!

Anonymous User
Wednesday 16 November 2005 2.30pm
Can I request no marzipan - on either the dessert or the drugs?
Wednesday 16 November 2005 3.36pm
Battenberg is the psychadelic wonderdrug of hte 21st century.

(And marzipan rocks!)

...if you press it, they will come.
Anonymous User
Wednesday 16 November 2005 3.59pm
Marzipan is private, between a man and his conscience.
Wednesday 16 November 2005 5.48pm
A drink afterwards for anyone who will turns up to the Lambeth planning meeting in Stamford Street tomorrow (Thursday) evening. (See my thread in the other forum.) I really hate public campaigning. Till I started the Park stuff I had never even voted. And the way major stakeholders use brute strength to silence local concerns, even though it is blindingly obvious that the area needs a good Balance between development and amenity. Not just developer self interest.

Anyway the meeting is nicely close to OXO tower cocktails. A good place to get off my soap box and try to revert to being a normal person.

If we get to save the trees, I am buying. Otherwise we will need pins and wax effigies, as the planning committee's decision will pretty much determine the quality of green space we have.

Come along, and each time you see the trees you will know you did your bit!

Sarah
Wednesday 16 November 2005 6.46pm
Hi Sarah,

Sorry, but I can't make it tomorrow as it's The Baby Miss Jo Jo's first birthday. But good luck with the fight. I hope good sense prevails...

TLMJJ
Wednesday 16 November 2005 7.16pm
Thanks.

I'm beginning to suspect my park and tree obsession on its own, outrivals the collective merkin/cider focus of other posters.

People are probably bored sick, but this time humour me. And I will definately need a drink, and the good thing is that I am so tired that I probably only need a nice Singapore Sling or Vodka Martini to be gently happy. (Or drown my sorrows.)

So lurkers, your chance to see one of the major SE1 ranters in action, plus an interesting caste of local characters. You get to stop one of the more outrageous attempts by greedy developers (building designed by Sir Terry Farrell no less, and he was at the site visit, so I assume he will turn up to the planning committee as well) to put profit before local well being and the need for a balanced community. And I buy you a drink.

Alternatively we can meet at the TLMJJ drink where I promise to be much more normal, but less drunk than Birdie.

Is the Baby Miss Jo Jo really one. Can I be the first on the Forum to wish her happy birthday. Our very own cyber baby.
Thursday 17 November 2005 11.48am
I'm up for a Christmas orange juice! Week starting the 12th would be best, but we're flexible.
Friday 18 November 2005 1.00am
Oh dear, I feel I have had my Christmas drink.

My dad used to get in a bottle of Advocaat for Christmas and make 'snowballs'. I assume it was a South East London thing - being that is where he came from. Do people still do that? But then he had an uncle who used to run a pub in the Elephant and Castle and who used to keep a pig in the kitchen.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next
Current: 3 of 8

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions