London SE1 community website

Poker in SE1

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  PreviousFirst...4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next
Current: 10 of 14
Thursday 17 July 2008 11.58am
I'm also interested - I thought I might have said the other day but it was after a glass or two of vino so I don't rely on my memories of that evening ;-)

I'd be happy to host if that would help? doesn't sound like too large a crowd :-)
Thursday 17 July 2008 1.08pm
I've been looking online and there is a 'London Pub Poker' website, with a super league, and they have tournaments every weeknight fairly central London, different places. I'm thinking that I may start going to one of these, maybe every other week.

Great Sophie, you're on the list, thanks also for offer of hosting. would MrSophieLondon be interested too? I seem to recall the conversation we had, but it's all very vague.

4 people is an absolute minimum for playing, and up to 9 or 10 max, obviously depending on available space.... though we'll probably have 5 or 6, which is an ok number.
Thursday 17 July 2008 7.10pm
Sounds fun!
Thursday 24 July 2008 3.24am
OK, time to stop messing about. Are you guys in or out?
We will host, sandwiches, crisps, cards etc provided, please bring booze (lager) and 20n stake in small silver, 10p minuimum stake.

DATE: THURS 31st July

Be there or be square!
Thursday 24 July 2008 10.55am
Plum, I've got a big set of poker chips if that'll make things easier, instead of everyone trying to find 20 quids worth of five pence pieces.
Thursday 24 July 2008 11.12am
sounds good to me
will you be sending directions / address on PM pls?

I'm happy to play with 2p stakes ;-) or plastic chips! but will go with the majority decision
Thursday 24 July 2008 1.10pm
Chips sound good, thank you Jon. You can decide the stake on the night (I'm posting on behalf of Mr P for this thread) but lets keep it small and friendly!

Yes, no problem, I'll PM my address to you Sophie.
Sunday 27 July 2008 6.50pm
Sorry, forgot to say a time, is 8pm ok? Mr P is looking forward to seeing you all this Thursday.
Friday 1 August 2008 6.42am
Everyone enoyed the game last night, so the next meeting will be August 28th (ie. last Thursday of the month) and Sophie will be hosting.
Friday 1 August 2008 10.28am
Thank you so much to Plum for hosting and to John for chips and good advice! Was a great evening. thanks to all

:-)
Pages:  PreviousFirst...4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next
Current: 10 of 14

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions