London SE1 community website

Poker in SE1

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  PreviousFirst...4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
Current: 14 of 14
Friday 8 May 2009 12.07pm
Just thought I'd bump this thread.

I played poker last night, 5 in, and against 19 players I was first!

We split the money equally between first and second (40 each) but played on for the Champions League poker points.

They started selling real ale in The Marigold, they only have one pump, but it changes regularly, I think it's weekly, and last nights was rather nice, although I can't remember the name of it, as they didn't have the correct pump sticker.

Next week I'm taking along a bottle of SE1der for the landlord to try.
Saturday 9 May 2009 11.40am
Oh doooo wait forme to get backand I'll be up for poker (out of twice I've won twice so why shouldnt I be up for it - but no, it's really fun).
Tuesday 12 May 2009 9.32pm
Good bumping Jon,

should I mention your first win in ?!? weeks (a similar record to your team Villa) No, enjoy your glory sir.
Beware this Thursday as Leeds/Millwall is live and the pub will be... loud and passionate...not for the faint hearted
Look forward to the cider...I might need it
Oh,the beer you can't remember (poss.because you were enjoying it so much) was the Reverand James brewed by Brains of Cardiff and we change the ale once a month
Friday 15 May 2009 11.48am
That was my first win ever Kevin, last week.
I've been second once, and third once.

well last night was fun - The Millwall game went well, they won, so the pub went wild.

and the poker was great, but I'm only saying that because I won again!

two in a row, back to back, on the spin, a WIN WIN for Jon!

I think that puts me top of the league!

"I am top of the league, say I am top of the league!"

[eta] - and Kevin like the cider too!
Friday 15 May 2009 12.16pm
WAIT you guys. I shall be in residence in July/August and expect to put a stop to this run of gleeful victors.
Thursday 12 November 2009 5.34pm
bumping this thread again - poker is still being played on Thursday nights in The Marigold, Bermondsey St. - registration at 7.45, for an 8pm start.

come along, and join in the fun (really, it's not that serious!) we do have fun.
Monday 23 November 2009 6.35pm
Wow...how lovely! what a pity I'm out this Thursday, will try another time..oh damn, Opera the following Thursday..and I never really go ANYWHERE...
Thursday 18 February 2010 11.59pm
Is the poker night still going?

cheers
phil
Monday 22 February 2010 6.11pm
Phil,

I've not been since before Christmas - you could ring them - 0207 403 6225, to find out.

I can't see any reason why they would have stopped though.

Having moved to the burbs (Forest Hill), I now play on a Monday at All Inn One, Perry Vale, just at the back of the station, but there is also poker on Tuesdays at The Hob, Forest Hill.

Roxy bar/cinema/club on Borough High Street also do, I think, a monthly poker night on a Thursday.
Pages:  PreviousFirst...4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
Current: 14 of 14

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions