London SE1 community website

Poker in SE1

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Current: 7 of 14
Thursday 6 July 2006 4.25pm
Um....dunno. I've never asked for it. Will ask our manager Gary but he'll have gone home by now. You are welcome to come to my house of course, we can play either in or out. We arent more than six or eight are we?????
Thursday 6 July 2006 4.44pm
Not sure about the room downstairs as Jackie says.

I'd offer our flat as a venue, but we don't even have a table yet !!!

Jackie, I think there's only 5 or 6 of us.
Thursday 6 July 2006 5.57pm
Jackie that's a great idea, thank you, you may well have saved the day...!

i rang a couple of places this afternoon, but as i wasn't a regular, and we'd have to pay, they were no go's really (The Ship on Newington Causeway, and is it The Duke of York?)

anyway - yes Jackie, cool, do you want a definitive list of who's coming? Shall we meet in the Weatherspoons first and all come up together?

if you want, i can even bring some SE1der!
Thursday 6 July 2006 6.14pm
No probs at all. Whovever doesnt know how to get to my place: go to the reception at Metro Central heights and say you are coming to see Jackie in flat 323, they will call up to me. And then they will give you the CODE to the South Block. Probably a good idea to meet either in reception or at Wetherspoons and all come in a gaggle. What shall we do about food??? I have lots of beer.
Friday 7 July 2006 9.33am
i suggest Weatherspoons at 7.30 then
Friday 7 July 2006 10.05am
See you there then !!

We'll bring dome nibbles and drink.
Friday 7 July 2006 6.04pm
We've got pizzas !!! See you in a bit.
Friday 7 July 2006 11.30pm
Thanks you guys for a wonderful evening, where to my shame I cleaned everyone out...beginner's luck I'm afraid. But WHAT a lark, I'm ready to play any time.
Friday 7 July 2006 11.40pm
I am definately poker faced !!!

And I beat my husband, so that's going to be hard to give up - let's do it again soon !!

Thanks Jackie for the great venue.
Thursday 3 August 2006 9.24pm
Did you ever get a game going? I live just by Blackfriars Bridge, and
I'd be up for it...
Current: 7 of 14

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions