London SE1 community website

Poker in SE1

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Current: 9 of 14
Sunday 7 January 2007 7.11pm
What a nice idea Thomas....hadnt thought of it that way. Alas at my age dont think anyone wants a romantic evening with me, but Poker...well, that's something else...
Thursday 22 February 2007 6.00pm
if anyone is still up for a poker game, i'd be interested (if it's before the end of March), though i won't be able to supply the cards, and chips, as they're are safely packed away in my parents loft now.

i understand that at least one poster on this forum has a set though.
Thursday 22 February 2007 6.06pm
Oh goody, I thought this thread had died....I'll come
Wednesday 18 June 2008 4.39pm
this thread did die, but there has been renewed interest - MrPlum, and BossStBloke are at least two people who've expressed an interest in playing poker.

I believe that whilst drunk on Saturday night I arranged with MrPlum that I would play this Thursday. Not sure if that's still going to happen, but either way, I'd be interested if anyone else is?
Wednesday 18 June 2008 7.27pm
Oh goody! I'm back next Tuesday and I'd love to play poker again. Count me in!
Thursday 19 June 2008 3.18pm
anyone heard from Sarita or Hitesh?
or did they move?
they were in MCH Jackie - don't you know?! ;-)
Thursday 19 June 2008 3.35pm
They are still in MCH and the only people doing anything on the Residents' Assoc. I can email them and ask them if they'd like to join us!
Thursday 19 June 2008 3.42pm
please do - we thought they'd dissapeared from the face of SE1 - they have a website of their round the world travels from several years ago, which is still online, but have not seen them post on here for ages, and they did mention that they were thinking of moving, but they also enjoyed the poker last time we played....
Friday 20 June 2008 9.35am
Mr P is still interested so let us know a date and venue.
Thursday 17 July 2008 9.49am
Some people have expressed an interest in this, and so i'll bump the thread - I'm thinking maybe once a month, almost certainly at someones house, as I don't know any where else that would let us play (licensing/gambling laws and stuff) - unless we were well in with a landlord. Otherwise we could try and start a local 'poker school' somewhere, maybe join a league. I'll do some research into how local these might be...

so far I've had interest from Jackie R, MrPlum, and BSB (Hitesh and Sarita played last time, they might be interested again)

i'll start thinking of dates, times etc.
Current: 9 of 14

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions