London SE1 community website

Social gatherings ??

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next
Current: 2 of 10
Jac
Tuesday 7 March 2006 3.43pm
Wow suggest drinks and the post keep coming.

JonR wrote:
didn't we all meet up for christmas dinner? and a drink either the week before, or the week after?
and some of us meet once a month for book club, or cidery meetings at the tate Modern cafe...

Yes Jon I said we met up more than once a year but that was the last big one that i remember, I didn't make the horseshoe and the Christmas gatherings were smaller numbers but good none the less and you didn't mention bonfire night. I just thought it was about time to all meet up for a drink and we don't even have to discuss books or cider unless of course one wants to.

Thursday the 30th sounds good to me now all we need to do is decide on a venue.
Tuesday 7 March 2006 5.18pm
I just wanted to make sure I hadn't been hallucinating (sic) ...!!!

30th could be good fun!
Tuesday 7 March 2006 6.01pm
hallucinating sic - sounds like a morning after an SE1 social bash

so shall we meet in Simon the Tanner? - it's not like there won't be enough room for us all.
Tuesday 7 March 2006 7.26pm
Awwww.... I'll be in Australia then.

Hard life....
Wednesday 8 March 2006 10.52am
Have a good time. We're on hols then (not in Australia, you show off, your Ladyship)

...if you press it, they will come.
Wednesday 8 March 2006 11.32am
30 March is the Lambeth Planning meeting on my trees. Even social butterflies should have a social conscience. : )
Jac
Wednesday 8 March 2006 11.53am
The Sarah wrote:
30 March is the Lambeth Planning meeting on my trees. Even social butterflies should have a social conscience. : )

but surely that wont go on till pub chuck out time!

Or are we saying we want to choose another date?
Wednesday 8 March 2006 1.55pm
I'm saying that it will be the social event of the week. No alcohol, or faux-lesbians, or at least not as far as I know. However some worthy Lambeth Councillors and Kate Hoey MP. Plus a chance, I hope, to meet James and Rabbie.

I'm not meaning to knock the great support there is for what is arguably the nicest avenue of trees in North Lambeth. And would love to see some forumites there. With perhaps a drink after. The planning meeting is between the Imax and Oxo Tower. Is there a venue near there? Lets hope it is not a wake.
Wednesday 8 March 2006 2.25pm
I do a regular thing on the last Thursday of each month so can't come either.
Wednesday 8 March 2006 3.46pm
And I'm in Tel Aviv till 4th April, cant you wait for me? Or come to that, can we do another one when I'm back?
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next
Current: 2 of 10

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions