London SE1 community website

Social gatherings ??

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next
Current: 6 of 10
Anonymous User
Thursday 30 March 2006 3.58pm
What of it?
Thursday 30 March 2006 4.11pm
Well, I'm not sure it's acceptable. Does the duck mind?
Anonymous User
Thursday 30 March 2006 4.14pm
The duck does what it is told to do... Doesn't look happy if I'm taking my umbrella with me though!
Thursday 30 March 2006 4.18pm
Take one of those mini umbrellas rather than the golfing one in future. That or get a swan...
Thursday 30 March 2006 6.12pm
Yes Jon I'll be back, that's why we're meeting on 7th - so I have time to get there. Dont remember, are there any chips in Simon the Tanner?
Anonymous User
Friday 31 March 2006 11.00am
Eatin's cheatin'!!

When Simon's was full of the Betty Boop stuff (a couple of incarnations ago) they had a polish chef who used to give us free puddings and rose vodka. The puddings were very sweet and very very heavy, The Rose vodka was like petrol. I remember it with great fondness.
Friday 31 March 2006 1.41pm
You remember? Can't have been full strength vodka then.
Anonymous User
Friday 31 March 2006 2.12pm
It tasted strong Janefs but I think you may be right there!
Friday 31 March 2006 2.37pm
We might be lucky to get a packet of pork scratchings and a bowl of peanuts ... not sure Simon's does food anymore - Jackie, be warned!
Friday 31 March 2006 3.24pm
are we even sure that it'll be open!?

maybe someone who lives nearby can go in when it is open, and warn them that we'll be turning up.....
then again, if they remember the last time we were there, they may decide that they're going to close early.

Julie? Jac? anyone else close?
could comeone confirm that for us?
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next
Current: 6 of 10

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions