London SE1 community website

Tupperware!

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Current: 10 of 17
Monday 8 May 2006 6.07pm
Yikes, no way. My demo and the cake cooking will be an hour or two max, starting 7:30pm. It's up to Jac how long she lets us all loaf around her house after that.

By the way, just to confirm, I will not have Tupperware products for you to take away on the night. I'll bring a big selection of key items to demonstrate to you, and some catalogues. I can take your orders, and will deliver your stuff to Jac about 2 weeks later, for you to collect from her. Unless you live nearer to me than Jac does, in which case I can probably deliver it to you direct or let you collect from me. We can sort this out on the night.
Jac
Monday 8 May 2006 7.47pm
Im happy to let people hang around as long as they like if they are having fun so as far as im concerned you can come alonmg as soon as your free. LAst time se1ers were at my house it was the wee hours of the morning when they went home but that was a Friday night!
Monday 8 May 2006 8.04pm
fh wrote:
IBut i wont be able to get to Jac's till about 8 or 8:30 - is that okay?

I'm pretty much in the same situation - would it be okay if I pitched up a little late? Please PM me yay or nay as I don't want to spoil the flow of the evening which Andrew & Jac have planned.
Jac
Monday 8 May 2006 8.15pm
All late comers welcome as far as Im concerned. Im not someone who plans very much I like to go with the flow and I am sure Andrew knows what he is doing. I forgot to mention earlier that Mr Jac is going to disappear to Simon the Tanner, so any other disinterested partners are welcome to join him. We can join them later or they could join us once the tupperware is safely tucked away but I can not guarentee there will be any cake left. Numbers are nudgingup to the 20 mark so dont all expect to be seated comfortably. And if anyone doesn't know where I live PM and I will let you know.
Monday 8 May 2006 9.39pm
I will work on a 7:30pm start, but if enough people ask Jac for it to start later, I am sure she will liaise with me.

I think that in the original version of my posting above, I indiscreetly named both mine and Jac's streets, so apologies to jac and the administrator for that blunder, and thanks for removing. Although they are both very big streets, so I am not expecting a Tupper-stalker.
SEH
Tuesday 9 May 2006 7.19pm
Jac,

is there room for another one? I could bring some salami - or is it strictly cakes only?

Susan
Jac
Tuesday 9 May 2006 10.00pm
Susan you are very welcome with or without Salami.
Wednesday 10 May 2006 1.19pm
Looking forward to it - Jac do you need anyone else to bring anything (other than themselves and their money), like food, drink, (party poppers?), etc.
Jac
Wednesday 10 May 2006 3.15pm
Hi everyone looking forward to the big night, have even cleaned the oven in anticipation. Whilst I am not going to say no to anyone who brings a bottle etc please do not feel obliged to bring anything other than as jon says your money (Andrew would not be happy although there is no obligation to buy anything either) and of course yourselves. If everyone turns up which I really hope they do, it may be a little crowded but hopefully it will be a case of the more the merrier.

See you all next week
Wednesday 10 May 2006 3.36pm
Just to let people know in advance, I will bring my camera on Tuesday because I hope to take a few photos for my Tupperware party blog. Of course, people are welcome to opt out of the photos if they prefer.

Sounds like there may be quite a crowd gathering. Perhaps I should offer Kevin Spacey a Tupperware demo for his next season at the Old Vic?

Oh, and if anyone takes Your Home magazine, note well that the June issue has a feature about the return of Tupperware, showcasing the snazzy new MiniMax bowls for commuters and picnics: you can collapse them completely flat for easy transportation home. I bet you can't wait.

Thanks again to jac for opening up her home to us -- she well deserves her hostess rewards.
Current: 10 of 17

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions