London SE1 community website

Mah Jong players wanted

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 2 of 4
Wednesday 1 October 2008 12.13am
Hi!

I wanna play mahjong too!
Monday 30 March 2009 6.31pm
Hi, I realise this is an old thread but if you are still looking for players then I am just down the road in Bermondsey (SE16)
Sunday 26 April 2009 7.47pm
Hello!

Again I know this is an old thread but I'm really interested in playing. I haven't played for about a year and half (due to a lack of people knowing how to play) so you may need to be gentle with me to begin with, but I would really like to get back into it.
Friday 10 July 2009 5.08pm
Hello All,

I am also keen to play and if this is still active it would be great to hear when you are next meeting up etc. I also have a set so no worries there.

Cheers

Lauren
Saturday 29 August 2009 8.39pm
Hi there, I need to learn how to play Mah Jong for my university graduation project on world games. Would I be able to join one of your Mah Jong meetups and watch/ learn? If there are no organised ones then I would be interested in lessons (max 2 hours if you think you can explain in that short a time!)- I can pay the standard university fee of 55 plus expenses if it is a lesson - we can meet in a cafe somewhere in London chinatown?! Or anywhere that suits.
Appreciate any pointers or help!

Thanks,

Mati
Sunday 11 October 2009 5.28pm
as above, this is clearly a very old thread, please contact me if you are interested in getting together for a (say) weekly game. i really miss playing this and could use a group of people to play against
Saturday 19 December 2009 9.00pm
Hi folks....

Again, I know its an old thread. But I really want to learn. My Great Aunt has played for years and she is well in her 80's now and still at it. Sadly, she lives near Newcastle.

Anyone one here, prepared to try teach it???

My add- [email protected]

Please get in touch and lets see if we can get a nice group together.
Wednesday 3 February 2010 10.19pm
Hey guys,

I have recently bought a mah jong set and am keen to find 3 or more people who would like a game, maybe once a week or so, at a cafe or bar in central or south London.

I have been searching the web for a mah jong club or game in london and it seems really strange that this old thread is the only lead I got! Maybe we could set up a regular group as I;m sure there're lots of people out there who would love a regular game!

I should say I am an absolute beginner so am looking for novice players who might want to learn and improve together :)

Please get in touch if interested :)
Thursday 11 February 2010 10.53pm
GerryBlee and EmmaStewart (on the assumption that you both still want to get together and play,) i would be happy to help you guys learn.

if you are interested email me [email protected]
Monday 16 August 2010 2.10am
I would like to play mahjong if it is still available.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 2 of 4

To post a message, please log in or register..
September at a glance
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions