London SE1 community website

SE1 Christmas meal - Fri Dec 14 2007

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next
Current: 3 of 8
Thursday 25 October 2007 5.37pm
Is it still possible to have a single big table for 18? Last year I think we had to have 2 separate ones, an arrangement which, [in my view] was not all that sucessful. As always, happy to go with consensus viewpoint, but the size of the group may dictate the layout.
Thursday 25 October 2007 6.39pm
We DID have a big table for 28 or so once, and it was just fine. And people came and joined in later as well, who KNOWS how many we were in the end. And I'm kind of little, so I only count as half.
Friday 26 October 2007 3.58pm
Ivanhoe wrote:
Do I need to get a deposit to anyone?
According to Plum, no deposit required - just pay cash on the night
Friday 26 October 2007 4.00pm
janefs wrote:
Is it still possible to have a single big table for 18? Last year I think we had to have 2 separate ones, an arrangement which, [in my view] was not all that sucessful. As always, happy to go with consensus viewpoint, but the size of the group may dictate the layout.

I agree & so does Plum, hence the limit of 18 which means we will all be around one big table. Can I suggest musical chairs i.e. move for each course?!
Friday 26 October 2007 4.09pm
We always do that anyway, but surely we can be more than 18....
Friday 26 October 2007 5.28pm
I think sometimes we've just got to let the kind people who are organising it tell us what to do, and be thankful ;0)

...if you press it, they will come.
Jac
Friday 26 October 2007 6.43pm
Jackie we have never had 28 at the royal oak. I seem to recall a similar discussion last year and last year was the largest number accomodated by having 2 tables instead of one. Up until now ( I think this is about the 4th year) 20 ish has been about right, we have had one or two on the waiting list before who have indeeded ended up coming when others have had to drop out nearer the time.

So if there is anyone else out there who would like to go, do post and lets us know. If loads more show an interest then perhaps we will have to consider a different venue in the future.

ps: you can tell Im an old timer, my thanks go to Plum for always remembering to arrange it. As I work from home this is my only Christmas do and I can throughly recommend it.
Saturday 27 October 2007 7.01am
And PLEASE no comments about us being "clique-y".
Sunday 28 October 2007 12.01pm
as long as there are chips - 'eh Jackie!

..... anyway, quite right about maybe getting a bigger venue for next year, i'm sure we could probably get 40+ for a dinner type event, or if we made it a drinks social, somewhere that also does good food, we could have loads turning up.

Thanks Plum for organising, this is one event that I'm sorry that I'm going to miss, it's always been very good previously.
Sunday 25 November 2007 6.36pm
Hi,

am I right in thinking you have one more place available? If so I'd like to make a bid for it please. I too wont have a work do, anyway I'd much rather celebrate the season with you lot.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next
Current: 3 of 8

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions