London SE1 community website

Spring Social

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next
Current: 8 of 11
Sunday 30 March 2008 8.49pm
I meant to come but had a wild week at work and was just basically too knackered/enfeebled by the time Social time rolled around and actually used the prearranged babysitter to feed, bath & bed Miranda so I could just collapse into bed. Really sorry Plum! Would love to try for 5th May...
Tuesday 1 April 2008 10.58am
5th May sounds good to me. Do we want to try the Woolpack again? The weather should be decent by then so we could enjoy the garden. There's also a garden at The Horseshoe. Also, as it's a Bank Hol, do we want to make it lunchtime instead of evening?
Tuesday 1 April 2008 12.47pm
Lunchtime's a terrific idea. I'd love to bring Miranda.
Tuesday 1 April 2008 1.47pm
Horseshoe no longer child-friendly ... at all
Tuesday 1 April 2008 3.21pm
And I understand the Woolpack can be a bit sneery... but perhaps sheer weight of infant numbers will carry the day (or cause spontaneous combustion of the sneerer!)
Tuesday 1 April 2008 4.16pm
I'm confused though. A spring social on the 5th and a May social on the 2nd? On the upside, I can make at least one of them (5th depending on the time my frined goes back to Holland)
Thursday 3 April 2008 12.04pm
I'm confused too, thought it was just one social on the 5th.
Woolpack have always been ok when i've taken my sprogs, but have always taken them outside to the garden.
Thursday 3 April 2008 12.12pm
Hey - we can have 2? Anyways, I'll keep an eye on what's happening. Can certainly make the 2nd eve, but again, 5th lunch depending on what time my friend has to catch her train to Gatwick...
Thursday 3 April 2008 3.18pm
juanita wrote:
The Woolpack tends to be packed from afterwork drinkers as well as locals. Perhaps we could try again & get together the May Day bank holiday weekend? I think it is Mon 5 May. Us locals have a chance of getting a seat then.

I do apologise for the confusion - in my earlier post, I was just referring to 5 May as the Bank Holiday Monday. I have started another topic about the May Social on Fri 2 May at the Blackfriars Wine Bar, but I will probably go to lunch on Mon 5 May too. The 2 events are not mutually exclusive.
Thursday 3 April 2008 8.46pm
The Woolpack is ok but in my recent experience children are not allowed inside after 6. Whether they'll be that strict in the garden is anyone's guess, but i would err on the side of caution.

Horseshoe has been taken over and spruced up. We dared to walk in at 5.15 last Saturday with two small children (into a pretty empty pub, it has to be said) I thought the bartender was going to spontaneously combust he was so horrified.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next
Current: 8 of 11

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions