London SE1 community website

???SE1 Cider 2008???

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Current: 11 of 18
Tuesday 21 October 2008 3.35pm
great pic Ivanhoe, and a great album with a very simple naming convention of the photo's.

other zeider hats in abundance.

Tattie - if you put a list together of what you need, it can be purchased at Cheers, in Cheam, by MrsR and Plum, when they go and pick it up on Saturday, as above you don't need much equipment, as an initial outlay, and after the pressing, there's very little that you actually have to do to it. It'll carry on on it's own without any human intervention for months at a time!

in fact here is a short list now - 1 Gal DemiJohn, bung with hole, airlock - everything else you can either beg, borrow or steal on the pressing day, or share communally as and when you need it.

it's really easy!

go on, go on, go on. You know you want to!
Tuesday 21 October 2008 4.36pm
It's easier than knitting a nijntje

...if you press it, they will come.
Tuesday 21 October 2008 5.46pm
Wow, there are some hardy women in Berwick St. John. I swear some of those photos are men, not women. Thanks for the hat illustrations, though!
Wednesday 22 October 2008 5.07pm
I'll be making Jac's Cider for her....
Friday 24 October 2008 9.53am
If anyone's got any of those clamps that you use to hold something to a bench (they call them G-clamps, or C-clamps), please bring them along on Sunday as they will be very useful to hold the scratter to the tables (which we need to ask the farm to borrow).

And Jon, can you mail me your address please, so I can pick you up tomorrow morning. Ta.

Friday 24 October 2008 12.50pm
Oh have a wondeful time everyone ... looking forward to sips in the future months!!!
Friday 24 October 2008 3.23pm
Ivanhoe, you didn't answer my question about when we're supposed to pay Richard in Cheam for the equipment. Have put 15 of petrol in the car ready for the trips but to be honest I'm a bit brassic at the moment so are we sorting out monies owed on Sunday for me to pay him when I return the stuff on Monday?
Monday 27 October 2008 9.05am
So? How did it go??
Monday 27 October 2008 10.17am
Excellent - a bit wet, till the gazebo turned up.
Lot's of fun, spirits not dampened too much by the miserable weather.

Just over 800lbs of apples made about 27 gallons of apple juice, which will ferment to cider over the next few months to a year.

I'm absolutely shattered, but very content.
Mmmmmmm cider.

Jac and Plum, could you tell me what equipment you took? either reply here, send me pm or email with details.
Jac, you had 2 gals of juice, Plum you had one, right?
Simon, you took 12 gallons, I took 7, and the farm had 5.

I'll work out who owes who what when I've got all details together.
Monday 27 October 2008 1.41pm
Had a fantastic time. Great to see everyone. Very tired last night. Off on hols now for rest of week. See everyone soon.

Current: 11 of 18

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions