London SE1 community website

???SE1 Cider 2008???

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Current: 16 of 18
Tuesday 5 May 2009 6.32pm
Congrats on the good showing!
Tuesday 5 May 2009 9.36pm
Well done Ivanhoe (& Mrs I). Wish I could have made it to The Big Apple, we had such a great time there - 4 years ago! Will happily join in with (& contribute to) an SE1 tasting - still haven't bottled mine so this is just the push I need. Weds aren't good for me and not the bank hol weekend but any other eve fine, will look forward to it, thanks Jac for offering
Jac
Wednesday 6 May 2009 9.08am
With important maths exam on agenda for mrjac junior on the 19th, thinking about it would be better for us if it was after that (so we are free to make sure revision and homework is done) How about 21st. If the weather was nice we could light the bbq and have it in the garden. If we were to meet in the local park ivonhoe, then we need to start collecting brown paper bags to wrap the bottle in:)
Wednesday 6 May 2009 10.41am
21st suits me. Good luck to mrjac jnr. Horrible time, exams. Can only just remember that far back, but I remember the horror, the horror.

...if you press it, they will come.
Tuesday 12 May 2009 8.15pm
21st is Father's day, but my Dad is away so I'll be in London. Please let me know if you decide to have a BBQ and I'll happily contribute meat, salad etc (obviously you won't know what the weather is doing until nearer the time.) If we are going to be outside would it be possible to bring Mr P and the Plumlets? I feel guilty leaving them on Father's Day.
Tuesday 12 May 2009 8.40pm
Good grief, I'm such a twonk sometimes! We're talking 21st May not June! So it's a Thursday and not Fathers Day at all! Will happily come solo! Same offer applies to bringing stuff for the BBQ though.
Jac
Tuesday 12 May 2009 9.10pm
Yes 21st May, shall we say 7.30pm. Thanks for offer of food for the bbq, plum Lets do it anyway we can always eat in side and it will be good to have something to wash down with cider. JonR and a mrs say they can make it too.
Wednesday 13 May 2009 9.17am
Great idea.

Ditto with the offer of food for barbie.

...if you press it, they will come.
Wednesday 13 May 2009 2.07pm
Should we invite Cath Knight from Surrey Docks City Farm?
Jac
Wednesday 13 May 2009 3.50pm
By all means do. I am happy for you to pass on my address to her so she know where to come.
Current: 16 of 18

To post a message, please log in or register..
September at a glance
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions