London SE1 community website

???SE1 Cider 2008???

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Current: 8 of 18
Jac
Tuesday 14 October 2008 3.15pm
Thanks for link Ivanhoe I shall place and order. I just need the air locks and bungs and some yeast if i do make it along which i hope to I think i shall make one with and one without yeast again.
Tuesday 14 October 2008 3.20pm
Pleasure. We aim to please ;0)

...if you press it, they will come.
Wednesday 15 October 2008 4.02am
Sorry we cant make that weekend as we will be away. Drat.

Happy to help out with any pre-cider tasks the previous weekend.
Wednesday 15 October 2008 12.18pm
Boris Johnson has just told the London Assembly that he has been making his own cider this year.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Wednesday 15 October 2008 1.26pm
If only he'd told them where he got his apples from, James, he'd have done us a good turn ;0)

Maybe we should try to get him to enter it at the Big Apple cider trials. Boris turning up to a village hall in rural Herefordshire would be quite amusing, I suspect.

Wednesday 15 October 2008 3.08pm
he works in SE1, does he (or any of his staff) read the SE1 forum?
Wednesday 15 October 2008 6.54pm
I think i'm on the rota to pick up equipment from Richard in Cheam Jac so i'd be happy to get the things that you need there - i need some stuff myself.

Speaking of Richard, has anyone actually booked the scratter and press? I don't have his number.
Jac
Wednesday 15 October 2008 7.12pm
Plum wrote:
I think i'm on the rota to pick up equipment from Richard in Cheam Jac so i'd be happy to get the things that you need there - i need some stuff myself.
Speaking of Richard, has anyone actually booked the scratter and press? I don't have his number.

Easier still, 2 air locks, bungs and a sachet of yeast then please. Thanks
Wednesday 15 October 2008 8.40pm
I booked the scratter and press.

Richard's address is on his website here: http://www.cheerswinemakingandbrewing.co.uk/findus.html

He's a great guy. Leave some time for talking, and ask him about the cider course he does (he's got some good photos). It's in my name, and please give him my best regards.

[edited to add: Thanks for that, Plum. Do we know who's going to take the press back on Monday? I know someone volunteered before, but I can't remember who]

Thursday 16 October 2008 10.38am
Also, we need to know roughly how much cider everyone wants to make.

No point in getting a huge van and a load of apples if people only want to make a little cider.

Could whoever's interested please say how much cider they want to make. Thanks.

Current: 8 of 18

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions