London SE1 community website

Christmas Social?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 Next
Current: 2 of 5
Wednesday 12 November 2003 1.55pm
We haven't had many responses, have we? What about all the other usual suspects - Jan, Lang Rabbie, the blessed James Hatts, Ivanhoe, Teresa, Mapmaker, Hilary, Dave Baker, Phoney etc.? (apologies to anyone I haven't mentioned - my memory just isn't that good.)
Wednesday 12 November 2003 2.43pm
Sorry to have been quiet - was out of the country last week, and still catching up on e-mails both at home and work with various appointments

I'm pretty sure I can make the 20th - it's already in my diary as a tentative.
Wednesday 12 November 2003 4.27pm
Whatever happened to Tony Hilliard? Haven't heard anything from him in ages have we? I used to love his posts and comments...
Tony - where are you? Come to the Christmas social!
Wednesday 12 November 2003 6.41pm
Count me in - esp as I missed the last social because of work, and would love to put some faces to names.

Just one problem - I don't do orange....

Wednesday 12 November 2003 6.47pm
It would be nice to see some lurkers turn up. Though assume they wouldn't sit down - just lurk.

I should have said before in case people were scared off, that though people were not as I had expected, but then I had thought TLMJJ was a glam transvestite, people were nice, intelligent and informed. It was strange because though we had never met, there were a lot of common reference points. Odd but fun.

Anyway its clear from various posts that we need to find TLMJJ a man. I also hope that Nick Stanton will turn up. We could promise not to ask about pot-holes. And James. We now knows what he looks like. But great to see the man himself.
Wednesday 12 November 2003 6.53pm
To the Lady Miss Jo-Jo

Very nice of you to mention me by name, especially as I've only recently got on to the Net & so found this site.

Idea of a get together is brilliant and I will certainly come if I can, that is providing that the person who has already been rude to me here doesn't continue the process in person....

However, regret can't do 20th Nov as I will be in Gibraltar.

If date goes ahead, all good wishes to all for a very merry time.
Wednesday 12 November 2003 7.11pm
Sorry been busy, count me in for Thursday. Should be fun might not be able to get there until late but it's only 2 mins from the office.

Hilary who's been rude to you then?
Wednesday 12 November 2003 9.04pm
It's in the diary and I'm lurking forward to it.
jan
Thursday 13 November 2003 5.09am
will really try this time , will be having afternoon nap beforehand -decorate my zimmer frame -look for nearest seat suitable for a lard bum!
Thursday 13 November 2003 2.54pm
Put me down to lurk also.......but with a seat if possible

Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 Next
Current: 2 of 5

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions