London SE1 community website

Christmas Social?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 Next
Current: 3 of 5
Thursday 13 November 2003 4.43pm
thought I'd have missed this. if i can come then i will (haven't been to the Leathermarket since it was called the Jugglers Arms).

what's the drill re rolled up newspapers/red carnations/under the clock?

(if there's a choice, I'd love to use a line I once heard in either a serious film or a comedy sketch: "the swallows are flying back to Capistrano". But someone would have to help me out with a suitable reply. Maybe a theme for a competition?)

...if you press it, they will come.
Thursday 13 November 2003 6.28pm
Has anyone 'phoned Kate at the Leather Exchange? We now seem to be a bit more numerous, but have we now reached the quorum for asking for the upstairs room?
jan
Friday 14 November 2003 5.48am
Ivanhoe - the answer of course is - dont look up ' cos they crap a lot!
Friday 14 November 2003 11.22am
If this is a lurker friendly do I shall skulk along too.
Friday 14 November 2003 7.48pm
Didn't phone Kate. I am half hoping that she will read the thread and post something about arrangements. Plus I am away Sun-Wed.

Numbers are quite to judge. First time there were some notable absentees - though all is forgiven and Dave Baker is very welcome this time. I'm also hoping that come Thursday night others will venture out. (There was some concern during the social at the Garrison that a table on the far side of the room might be filled with poster/lurkers who had seen us and decided to sit seperately!) It would also be nice to see some of the Southbank chatter boys and girls come along and finally meet each other. Perhaps Phoney could set some riddles.

James could maybe put it into his email bulletin. After all it is the SE1 event of the week.

I will email Kate, but if need be, could someone else call her.
Sunday 16 November 2003 11.55pm
Kate here just to let you know Thursday is Beaujolais Day so it is going to be busy hopefully so if you can give me a rough idea of numbers it would really help, looking forward to seeing you all.
Jai
Monday 17 November 2003 7.34am
shouldn't that stuff be drunk first thing in the morning, whilst the tastebuds are still covered in that brownish fur... Just so that the stuff becomes passable for something made from grapes ?

Varkenslachter
Monday 17 November 2003 10.31am
I'll be there....

All those coming say aye!
Monday 17 November 2003 2.05pm
I count 14 yeses.
Monday 17 November 2003 2.27pm
14 bums on seats - 28 cheeks *grin*
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 Next
Current: 3 of 5

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions