London SE1 community website

Bump and Babies Club SE1

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Current: 11 of 24
Monday 19 January 2009 12.31pm
Yes a really nice meet up! Good to talk to some of the mums with newborns, a little reality bites!

I will try to pop in for a quick coffee this Sunday.

Am desperate for some yoga, St Thomas' feels a little far with the current exhaustion I am feeling. Daisy let us know when, I am very keen!

Cheers,
Victoria
Monday 19 January 2009 12.37pm
Hi Ladies, sorry I didn't make it this Saturday. Woke up in the morning dead tired and just couldn't get out of bed! Will be there this Sunday though - so long as I haven't dropped by then!

Jessie

PS - Victoria, I waited 30 minutes to see the GP this morning as he was late - outrageous! Though he was actually very thorough and good when I finally got in, so I guess that made up for it. Hope you had a good check up! x
Monday 19 January 2009 10.22pm
Oh no!
That is one major problem with that surgery, they never tell you just how late your appoinment is running! My check up was quick and he didn't measure the fundus or take a sample....hmmm. See you Sunday!
V x
Sunday 25 January 2009 10.01am
Hi Ladies

It looks horrible outside - will have to duck out of todays meet up :-(

I promise to send out the email with everyones names, numbers etc that met up last saturday. Been really busy this week with work etc.

See you all soon
x
Sunday 25 January 2009 11.36am
Hi All
Sorry we couldn't make it today, Lila was a bit of a pickle last night and only had a couple of hours sleep so I'm exhusted and have only just rolled out of bed. Please let me know what the plan is for next week as it would be lovely to see you all again.
Kara x
Sunday 25 January 2009 4.04pm
Hi guys
Sorry we didn't make it today either. Matilda had a bad night and I just couldn't face dragging her out in the rain. Hopefully see you all soon, though....
Tuesday 27 January 2009 2.55pm
I feel awful that I missed Sunday's meet up! Haven't checked the site until now, when it's too late. And you guys have gone through the trouble of changing it to a Sunday so that I could come! Very sorry. Hope it was fun.
Anyone keen for meeting up on Saturday or Sunday Feb 14/15th? (It's half-term, hence I'm free)
I will sign up for notices for this thread to my email address from now on!
Wednesday 28 January 2009 2.34pm
Local Taxi Companies
Does anyone know of a taxi company that would take women in labour to St. Thomas'? I've heard that some companies don't want to do that.

thanks!
Wednesday 28 January 2009 2.40pm
Dear Ladies

Not to worry. Sunday's get together didn't really happen. Two of us turned up but the coffee shop was closed (burst water main) and - given the horrible weather - we didn't go elsewhere.

So when would suit for another get together? I've no idea if the coffee shop will be back up and running this weekend but - assuming it is and if any of you are free - we could aim for 11am this Sunday?
Wednesday 28 January 2009 4.47pm
I used Addison Lee twice (same baby, three attempts to get admitted!) and though we didn't tell the booker over the phone neither driver seemed particularly phased or bothered by my huffing & puffing on the back seat.
Current: 11 of 24

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions