London SE1 community website

Bump and Babies Club SE1

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Current: 12 of 24
Thursday 29 January 2009 4.23pm
I used Addison Lee twice (same baby!) and they were great - I didn't tell them over the phone but I think they put two and two together with a booking at 2am to go to St Thomas's Hospital asap....I also used them when we had to go back a week later when he had jaundice and they are very good with little babies too....

also sorry I forgot about last week's meet-up and could have told you all that coffee at was shut for ages because of burst water main - I am away at my mum's having a meltdown at the moment so won't make this weekend either but hopefully will be able to join you all again soon xx

oh and I had coffee with yoga lady for all those interested she is going to send me an email with her plan of action and I'll forward it on to everyone
Thursday 29 January 2009 6.15pm
I'm not going to be able to make this weekend either, I'm at the inlaws all day.

I just wondered if anyone fancied meeting up during the week (mainly those with little ones I guess). It would be lovely to get out the house with Lila and see other Mum's and meet babies at the same time.
Sunday 1 February 2009 2.56pm
There were no plans for coffee this weekend as far as I was aware.

Does Saturday 7th sound ok for everyone? 11am [email protected] (if functioning!).

There was talk of starting something at peoples houses, I think for now we should keep meeting at coffee shops so that anyone who hasn't had a chance to catch up with us blooming marvelous ladies can do so over the next few coffee mornings.

I am DESPERATE for some local yoga!!!! Please keep us posted Daisy and hope your melt down in over!

Koala
Sunday 1 February 2009 5.20pm
Hi

I'd like to do a weekday meet up (with little one) and I know of another Mum that would also like to do a daytime meet up on a Monday with her 3 month old.

There used to be a regular Mums and young babies meet at Browns on Monday lunchtimes, organised by Riverside parents, so perhaps we could restart something? Browns is apparently empty on Mondays and loads of space for the buggies!

Weekends are harder for me as hubbie around and we are galivanting about visiting family etc!
Sunday 1 February 2009 6.28pm
I am definitely up for weekday meet ups. Mondays would work for me....
Sunday 1 February 2009 8.48pm
Mondays work well for us too, shall we meet up next Monday at Browns ?
Sunday 1 February 2009 9.19pm
Hey Everyone,

If there are people out there with little ones already who are looking to meet other new parents then I'd really urge you to make the most of the wealth of services which Southwark lays on for parents and babies - there's lots to do and most of it's free. As the mum of a five month old who didn't do the NCT thing, had no local friends with kids and ended up feeling really quite isolated with a newborn in the weeks after my husband went back to work; I've met some brilliant new friends and feel like I have a fuller social calendar than before I had my son!

The Ellen Brown Centre on Grange Rd has regular sessions from the tuesday morning Breastfeeding Cafe where someone'll make you a cup of tea, bring you a biscuit and you can whinge about sore nipples to a sympathetic audience while your bundle of joy gurgles to other babies (you don't need to have a problem with breastfeeding - it's really a social thing) to Whippersnappers on friday afternoons where babies and toddlers can sing, coo, dance and bang percussion to their heart's content. There's also excellent resources at Kintore Way Children's Centre and, though it's not my end of the borough & I've not been, the fantastic new Coin Street Community Building on Stamford St.

I'll admit I was enormously sceptical about going to along to these things (a mixture of shyness and snobbery if I'm embarrassed to say) but I'm very glad I did. See Southwark Family Information Services website or ask your health visitor for the newsletter for proper details of times and sessions.

Oh and I don't work for the council, I'm just very impressed with what's out there for us.
Sunday 1 February 2009 9.42pm
Hi,

Sorry have not posted on here for a while. I have now had the baby - Maxwell was born on 28th Jan. While I'm still figuring out what I'm doing, meet up at Browns would suit me. Unfortunately am expecting the midwife tomorrow (if that is the MOnday you mean) so have to stay at home.

By the way - mornings/lunchtimes at Browns on Monday are quite empty and plenty of space for puschairs to get around.
Sunday 1 February 2009 9.50pm
Wow! Congratulations Zuzanna!
And such a cute name!
Hope the labour went well, hopefully I'll see you at some point in the not too distant future.
juliet
Monday 2 February 2009 7.05am
Congratulations!

Shall we aim to meet next Monday (the 9th) at 12 at Browns?! (assuming snow gone by then!)
Current: 12 of 24

To post a message, please log in or register..
February at a glance
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions