London SE1 community website

Bump and Babies Club SE1

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Current: 22 of 24
Tuesday 29 September 2009 10.28am
I am around (am sitting at home twiddling thumbs having gone over EDD!) so am happy to potter over to the Design Cafe. Is anyone else around today?
Tuesday 6 October 2009 4.15pm
Hi

I'm due with our first next Feb. Would love to meet some other 'Mum's to Be' in the area. Is the Pilates the place to first meet? I'm free most nights or weekends to meet up for a coffee too so please let me know about anything organised.

PS. Did anyone do an antenatal class in the area?
Tuesday 6 October 2009 6.14pm
Just wondering how you are, Orangina....? Does anyone have any news?

Hi Julia, congratulations & welcome!
I am Ava & I am also a first time mum(due end of this month). I will probably not be able to meet next Tuesday (Tuesday seems to be at the moment the day chosen for b&b meet-ups) but if I can, I will let u know on this board.
Tuesday 6 October 2009 6.18pm
Oh, I forgot to add : I didn't do an antenatal class but am now finding that I wish I knew earlier about the 3 types of breathing used in labour and about the benefits of perineal massage.
:-)
Tuesday 6 October 2009 7.57pm
Hi Ava

Thanks for the response. Best of luck with the pending birth. I am free Tuesday evenings but may be away on and off with work in the next 4 weeks. Please let me know when and where and I will make an effort to be there.
Monday 12 October 2009 10.11am
Hi ladies,
Anyone up for a 3pm at Design Cafe tomorrow?
Jana
Monday 23 November 2009 7.29pm
Hello - My 1 year old son is starting nursery part-time in January and I am hoping to help find my brilliant nanny some work on Thursdays and Fridays. If anyone is interested please give me a call on 07790 022007 or email [email protected] - she has been amazing and I can highly recommend her. She is also excellent value!
Daisy
Sunday 20 December 2009 8.57pm
Hi everyone, I'm due in May but thinking ahead and wondering what there is to do/facilities for mums to be and mums in the area - I'd love to join you if you're still running your meetings. Did anyone attend good antenatal classes they'd recommend?

Thanks!
Monday 11 January 2010 3.14pm
Hi as well

I am due in June and was also wondering like Bennett about facilities for mums to be and mums in the area.

Thanks

Jane
Monday 11 January 2010 3.46pm
hi there, bennett & Jane!

I am a first time mum and had a baby boy in October. I did not attend antenatal classes (apart from the 2 NHS ones) but had a doula at birth. She was wonderful before, during and after the birth - she also gave me loads of useful info. Thanks to her giving birth turned out to be an amazing and happy experience.

Ava
Current: 22 of 24

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions