London SE1 community website

Bump and Babies Club SE1

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Current: 7 of 24
Tuesday 11 November 2008 1.20pm
Congratulations! Fox, what a fantastic name!

Is the group still going to meet next Sunday - the 17th? I'd love to pop along as well if that's alright. I'm 7 months pregnant with my first and would love to meet with other soon to be mums in the area.

Where will you meet?
Friday 14 November 2008 1.31pm
(Hope this is ok James ...)

There's a Nearly New sale at the Downside Fisher centre on Druid St on Sat 15 from 10.30 (I think) to 12-ish ... I have no connection other than knowing about it and seeing the adverts around ... and I do know a couple of friends will have stalls there and they have nice stuff to sell. 25% of sales goes to the Riverside Parents.

Well worth popping along for a mooch!!
Friday 14 November 2008 2.30pm
Hi Julie - thanks for the info on the sale.

On another note - are any of you still up to meet up this Sunday at 3pm (Browns on Shad Thames)? Alternatively, I am free to meet up during the week.

Z
Sunday 23 November 2008 7.43pm
Hi everyone

Not sure how high up the agenda nursery care is for you all yet, but I wanted to draw your attention to the fact that the Arc nursery might close if we can't prove it's viability.

(In a nutshell, it's been up for sale and there is a potential purchaser ... they are now wobbled because the process has taken so long, the occupancy not surprisingly has decreased as parents won't commit to a nursery that's future is not secure!)

My second child is now there and the children and parents that are there love it - it would be criminal should it close, as there aren't that many nurserys in the area

If you would be interested in a place at the Arc for your child, please could you pm me by 5pm on Monday or contact the nursery directly to register your support! [email protected]

Thanks so much!
Friday 5 December 2008 9.37am
Just an update on the Arc nursery (I've copied this message from emmab's post on the Arc thread in Discussion)

"After a very constructive meeting with Charterhouse-in-Southwark, it looks like there may be a future for the Arc. This is an incredible turnaround and the unrivalled reputation and demonstrable quality of care provided by the Arc staff has ensured that parents and other local supporters, including Southwark Council and local CIS trustees, have found a way to build a sustainable business providing an essential service for the increasing numbers of families choosing to live in SE1. Excellent news!"

So if you were wondering about the Arc ... wonder no more and go and visit! You'll be given a very warm welcome!

(And my connection is that I've had one child there and have another there now ... and if I had another one, they'd be going too!)
Sunday 7 December 2008 10.11am
James refered me to this thread.

I am due in April and was wondering if there is an interest in a coffee/hot choc meet up at [email protected] st fortnightly or so?

Start maternity leave in March, but would love to meet some local mums to share info, natter etc..

Just don't seem to see many pregnant women or prams/slings on Bermondsey st!

Koala
Sunday 7 December 2008 7.42pm
Ah, ha! that's probably because you're at work when we come out en masse to air our little ones!
That sounds lovely though.
I believe that Riverside Kids have a weekly meet up on monday mornings at Browns by the design museum & the breastfeeding cafe at the Ellen Brown Play centre on Grange road is very well populated by new & old mums alike on tuesday mornings.
That said any opportunity for coffee (and particularly cake!) and chat is welcomed so if anyone else is around I'd be up for a Bermondsey St baby pitstop...
Sunday 7 December 2008 8.11pm
I'm definitely up for meeting up for coffee/chat/comparing horror stories - I have a four week old baby (my first) and thought all through my pregnancy that I was the only one in SE1 - but there are plenty of us you will discover! Juliet's right about the being at work thing - mid-week you suddenly realise everyone you see has a buggy....
Sunday 7 December 2008 9.27pm
Can I just take this opportunity to remind everyone that there is also an SE1 lunch club that meets every Friday. Bumps, babies in slings and little ones welcome at most places we go. If you're at a loose end on a Friday please do come and join us - several of us have children. (see the thread in "Socials")
Monday 8 December 2008 9.26am
I'd love to join you. I've just given birth to a little girl, and would love to have something regular in the diary that would get me out of my flat. Otherwise I'm finding it gets to 5pm and I haven't managed to get dressed! ;-)
Current: 7 of 24

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions