London SE1 community website

Another small matter about Firework Night

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Tuesday 4 November 2008 3.05pm
Um...this is a bit delicate but: at the summer bash to which, it's true, I arrived late because of the Opera it transpired that the revellers had actually helped themselves to all the (rather good) booze in my fridge. I had not really anticipated contributing so many bottles of wine and champagne, and in order to avoid misunderstanding, may I say that tomorrow I am providing hot soup and some beers, nuts, crisps, cheeses, hot sausages, a few cakes and of course - my house. But if you feel the need to quaff large quantities of wine and champagne, I guess I must ask you to contribute some of same! sorry to sound mean but....
AC
Wednesday 5 November 2008 2.26pm
Jackie - the way to stop people at a party from drinking your best booze is to not leave it in the fridge, especially when you're not there to tell them which bottles they can't have.

I hope you have a good party.

unfortunately I shall not be attending (if I did, I wouldn't be anonymous!)

all the best

Anonymous Coward (AC)
Wednesday 5 November 2008 3.15pm
Sorry you feel you have to be anonymous. I give these parties regularly, so people mostly know the drill so it was rather a surprise....no need to be nasty. Unnecessesary...

This thread has been closed
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions